Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Set default line & fill colour

This has probably been asked a hundred times before but is it possible to select for example, a shape with a blue line and a red fill and make this the default line colour and fill colour for subsequent shapes/lines drawn?

The reason I ask is I import drawings into Xtreme which have their own line colours and fills and it would be nice to select one of these and then continue editing the drawing using colours that are already in the drawing (If it helps I am using the CMYK model in the colour editor and none of my imported colours appear in the colour line at the bottom of the screen so I can't select them there).

Am I being a bit dense or is this possible?

Thanks in advance

David

Default Re: Set default line & fill colour

With nothing selected on your page, left mouse click on the colour in the colour line you want as your default fill colour, then click "Yes" when asked.
    Same procedure for the line colour, except right mouse click on the colour line.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Make sure no objects are selected. Open color editor.
    In the color editor select Current fill color in the drop downn list.
    Drag color picker over the desired color in your design. It will become default fill color.
    In the color editor select Current line color in the drop down list.
    Drag color picker over the desired color in your design. It will become default line color.
    John.

Bob (Iamtheblues) thanks for the info, but as I mentioned I don't have the colour on the lower colour ribbon.

John (covoxer) Your method works perfectly.

Thank you both for your assistance I knew the answer was out there somewhere!

Many thanks

David