Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: help: Logo spin

Default Re: help

This was made using Xara Xtreme 4 and Xara 3D 6. It will look a lot better with a higher resolution graphic.You can get them here. (Link)
    There's a fully functional free trial of both programs, but the Xara 3D program with have a background similar to the one I've posted to encourage purchase!
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eagle crest.gif 
Views:	220 
Size:	318.7 KB 
ID:	61522  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Thats fab guy's i will purchase the software '''''' will you help me through it as i know i wont be able to do it....lol,,,,,i will be able to get my website looking awesome,,,,,,thanks once again.

Hi ive now got extreme installed , would you be able to help in getting the image vectorised i do have a better quality image

thanks shaun

What i would like to achieve is the badge on the right as the background , and the blue badge spinning around in front of it IS THAT POSSIBLE ?????

Hi Shaun, yes it is possible, you can do your preliminary work in Xtreme, that is, hand tracing around your blue shield and saving it as a .png file. But you will need Xara 3D so that you can paste the shield shape into the program and then load the .png file into Xara 3D as a texture. Making the logo spin in front of the other graphic of the FA and McDonalds logo is very easy to do. If you have Xara 3D, we can talk you through the whole process.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi bob thanks for that i'll get xara 3D and as soon as ive installed it i'll be in touch cheers ive got another image of badge will be better for final product...i'm a complete novice at this so will be a miracle if i get there'''''lol,,,,but am enjoying this project.

Yes.
    Set the background texture to whatever image you want, it can be a repeating or a single image.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Shaun, the whole point is that it should be fun to use these programs.
    If you want to succeed enough, you will get there without too much effort, I'm sure.
    Xara is pretty easy to use and the learning curve isn't steep.
    Just be patient and you'll find it a piece of cake.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Exclamation Re: help

Ive both extreme and xara3D installed now guy's , been playing with xara3D a little and find it fantastic . Were would you like to start with my project...lol ' i have seperate images now of both images and better quality .

Regards Shaun

The best place to start is with the blue shield using Xara Xtreme. You need to draw around the shield with either the Shape Editor Tool or the Pen Tool.
    I find the Shape Editor Tool easiest to use. Once all the lines are joined together, the shape you have drawn will fill with colour. The default is black.
    You can copy this to the clipboard and it will be the shape upon which you can attach your texture, which we will talk about in the next post after you have completed this step.
    The Shape Editor Tool may not be easy to use initially, but gets easier with practise. If It is too much to deal with and you want instant results, then I suggest that you use Xtreme's Bitmap Tracer.
    Saludos,
    Bob.