Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Color editor is driving me crazy!!

Hi everyone,
    I'm having big issues with the color editor, I'm new with this software, so still learning, but it's stuck or something! My only options are "light cantone, dark cantone, and local line color". When I drag the picker to the object that has the color I want-it changes the object to grey, then black. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if there's some setting I don't know about...but I've spent way too much time, hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

Oh, also, I did create a new color the other day, but now it's gone. Is there someway to save colors so they're always available? As it is, they don't even show up on the bottom in the squares! I'd like to have lots of custom colors down there, can't seem to do that either.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! I would really like to get good at this program, but I remember how frustrating PS was in the beginning.(for me, anyway)
    Thanks!
    now I have to walk away for 15mins. or I'll lose it

Default Re: Color editor is driving me crazy!!

There seems to be a lot of mental illness going around.

The reason your options are limited to contones is you have a bitmap (photo) selected. If you select a vector shape (a circle or square or text for example) then you should have all the fill and outline color options. If you have a gradient fill then you will have additional options for starting and ending colors.

Ha, you made me laugh! I am a bit mental, and I did notice the earlier post about "logo making me insane....", the forums awesome, even addicting!

okay, so you're right, I realize now it's a bitmap. What I'm trying to do is create 3 buttons, so I took the base button and dragged it onto a new file. The base button was already exported, so that makes it a bitmap, is that right?
    thx

Just an update, I started with my base button design, cloned it, added detail, saved, then exported, repeated for additional button rollover effects.

My new buttons look great! They work in my web design software and one more hurdle overcome!

Thanks again!
    RG

As Lucy in Peanuts says, That will be 25 cents please.