Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy question

Default Easy question

I did ask Xara already, but they haven't gotten back to me, so...

I am looking at Xara3D, but I'm impressed with the capability of Xtreme. For you Xtreme owners out there, Does Xara3D and/or Webster come included with the Xtreme product?

I'm holding off my purchase until I can find out >.< and I'm eager to get started.

Thanks again, and I know it's properly a question for Xara sales, but I realized you guys do have the product and would know if the 3D and/or Webster is contained in it.

Default Re: Easy question

Hi Dan,

You can see what is included with the purchase of Xtreme at the following link http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtreme/buy/

Hover you mouse over the "What's included?" line for the standard or Pro version to see a list of the included items.

At this time it does not appear that Xara3D is included.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Dan,

when you purchase Xara3D 6 you do automatically get a free copy of Webster.
    When you purchase Xtreme, then Xara3D 6 isn't automatically included.
    Regards, Albert G. Kubbenga

Soquilli,

Actually I was hoping for something along the lines of "Yes I purchased Xtreme, and it does not have the functionality you asked about."

I can read what the little popup says, but it is not an exclusive statement. Advertising is rarely definitive, and it is impossible to know what value based decisions the marketing department is making, or what concessions are made in lieu of advert design. And this is not to mention the fact that because we are human VERY VERY OFTEN some of the most salient and obvious points are skipped, ignored, forgotten, or presumed to be understood, or simply passed over for any of a hundred other reasons.

Hence I am asking actual Xara owners the exclusive and specific question, (which you did not answer)

If you own the Xtreme product, does it have the functionality I am asking about?

Hence I am asking actual Xara owners
    That would be Charles Moir in the UK and Magix in Berlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post
    does it have the functionality I am asking about?
    No.

I can understand your confusion. Xtreme does include some 3D and web creation functions, but they are not anywhere near as extensive as in the individual programs you mention.

3D in Xtreme is mostly about extrusion, though an extruded object can then be rotated in 3d space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan111 View Post
    If you own the Xtreme product, does it have the functionality I am asking about?
    You may get confusing answers here. You see, with a time packaging and available purchase options may change. If I remember correctly, some time ago you coud buy an all-in-one package from Xara which contained Xtreme, Xara3D and Webstyle.
    But, as of today, the only options are those you see on-line.
    And no, neither Xtreme4 nor XtremePro4 is supplied with Xara3D license. Although there are trial installers of Xara3D and Webstyle on the Xtreme instalation disks.
    John.

Thank you for the definitive answers everyone, and especially thanks Mark My Words and Covoxer for validating my confusion on the issue.

I can move ahead with my purchase on 3D for now, will get the Xtreme when I get my next client project.

Thumbs up Re: Easy question

[QUOTE=sledger;311892]That would be Charles Moir in the UK and Magix in Berlin.

Okay first of all LOL if these are the owners of the Xara company, and secondly major Kudos to you for clobbering me at exactly what I was pointing out.

i.e., I was pointing out the confusion created by lack of specificity, and myself was not specific that I meant owners of the product and not owners of the company.

Nice work, I don't get busted on literality that often, and you did it with style, which I also respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    At this time it does not appear that Xara3D is included.

The above quote is the most accurate I could be at this point in time.

Xara has made bundle offers available at various times and none of them have been announce to the members of Talkgraphics.

Reading the website is the only way anyone here would know if there is a current offering or not.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update