Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mission Impossible?

Many moons ago I posted a similar thread to this, (can't remember what it was called so I can't link to it) but as there are many who have joined the forums since then, I thought I'd give the idea a new coat of paint and a fresh airing.
    You will be told by a message that part of the process of making this graphic (that's the background, not the text) can't be done in Xara Xtreme. It was made using a contoured blend which was given a bevel which was extruded.
    I liked the feeling of depth that this method produced. The text is not a font, I don't believe it exists, it's certainly not free as far as I know, so I made a bitmap trace of a graphic from the internet, and separated out the words from the background and made it transparent in all the right places (the loops).
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mission Impossible.png 
Views:	600 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	61248  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Mission Impossible?

Where is Porky Pig when we need him?

Interesting effect Bob. There must be some practical use for it.

I like it very much! It reminds me of one of those plastic lids that you get when you buy a large cup of coffee from those trendy coffee bar places. Or maybe a Google Earth view of Dumbledore! Nice drawing Bob

Thanks for the comment, guys. I imagine a pig, duck or wabbit may have had copyright issues, so I left well alone. Never having read JK Rowling or seen a Harry Potter movie, (a minority of about 1, I imagine) I was under the impression that Dumbledore was a place, like Appledore is. Discovering it's Michael Gambon in a hat and beard hasn't really helped me understand the reference, Dave. I get the plastic coffee cup lid one, though.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Ah! I was under the impression that J.K.Rowling had spread her version of the world to all four corners of the known multiverse. Except Andalucia

Dumbledore wears a wide-brimmed, pointy wizard hat. Seen from space this would resemble a . . .

Was the original color blue? I think we can do our own pig LOL
    Who needs porky when pinky pig is royalty free....
    I like it.
    (or for the new millennium punky pig...he has tattoos and a nose ring.)
    P.S. isn't that font great.

I deliberately chose blue from the start as I thought I'd make a new avatar from it. I did a bitmap trace of "That's all folks!" because I couln't find a free font, and it was quicker than hand tracing. I enjoy hand tracing, but it seems wasted on something that will look like a font anyway. I'll investigate some more to see if the font does exist, and if not, I can see the point of making the font in its entirety.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

I just had a good look for that font and I don't think it exists...
    There is one with that name but it refers to the other wording "Loney Tunes".
    The script down the bottom is no-where to be found....
    If it is out there its hiding very well...
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 26 May 2009 at 08:22 AM.