Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default adding my own frame to a picture

i have a frame jpg I've found and i want to put it around a picture for a friends site can anyone point me to or tell me the steps to putting a pic in a frame not in the preset frames of PSP X2?

thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blank frameb.png 
Views:	3234 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	61162  
    IP

Default Re: adding my own frame to a picture

If your frame image is transparent you can open the picture you wish to frame and copy it to the clipboard. Open your frame picture and rename the layer "frame" or whatever. Go to the edit menu and select paste as new layer.
    At this point you can go to the File menu, choose export/Picture Frame... and give your new frame a name in the dialogue box that opens. Move the frame layer above the chosen picture and choose merge all (flatten) from the layers menu and you are done. You may have to resize the picture for it to fit into the frame.
    If your frame is not transparent, you will have to select all the parts of the picture that aren't the frame and invert your selection, copy it to the clipboard and paste it as a new image. This will then be transparent. and you can export the frame at this point for future repeated use.
    My effort is just a rough idea.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	dos.png 
Views:	330 
Size:	206.5 KB 
ID:	61166  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

As a test, I added the driftwood frame to my PSP files, and used it in the conventional manner.
    Because your frame isn't a regular rectangle, the result is as attached below.
    You may have to rethink the shape of the frame if you want to add your design to your picture frames folder.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	framed dos.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	61171  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

To have your frame transparent, keeping also the shadow, you could try using a mask: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g54bD-yfpiA

(use a dark grey instead of black for the shadow so that it will be partially transparent)

Then you just have to do File -> Export -> Picture frame

bye,
    Giovanni.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: adding my own frame to a picture

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    As a test, I added the driftwood frame to my PSP files, and used it in the conventional manner.
    Because your frame isn't a regular rectangle, the result is as attached below.
    You may have to rethink the shape of the frame if you want to add your design to your picture frames folder.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    As far as your post #3, how do i add my frame to the frame folder? this sounds easiest. On your post #2, thought i didn't get very far. I opened my frame, but when i went to the edit tab "paste as new layer" was still grayed out. Thanks for the help.
    IP

Open your frame in Paintshop Pro.
    Go to the File menu. (That's the File menu, not the Edit menu)
    Choose Export.
    Choose Picture Frame...
    Give your frame a file name in the dialogue box that opens.
    It will automatically save to your My Documents/My PSP Files/Picture Frames folder.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	xara gold frame.png 
Views:	365 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	61187  
    IP

sorry to keep bothering you, but i almost have it. I've got the frame in the picture frame drop down menu, but when i try to apply it to my picture i get the frame with a white center. i know this has something to do with tranparency but not sure how to fix it. can you guide me further? thank you for your patience and help.
    IP

Hi, hopefully the attached will help.
    Good luck,
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Name:	frame.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	61203  
    IP

thank you so much, i'm going to work with psp x2 more so i can get better at these things.
    IP

My pleasure, glad to be of service.
    Hope you enjoy getting to grips with the program.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    IP