Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recycle Stereogram

I've learned quite a bit regarding stereograms in the last several months and thought it was about time I gave another creation of my own a go. That said, I proudly submit my Recycle Stereogram for your viewing pleasure. Those of us that can see them, that is. There's always the hope that I can win over a person or two that previously couldn't figure out what all the fuss over these things was about. As always, critiques, comments and/or suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy,
    HayTay

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recycle_SG_sm_02.png 
Views:	356 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	61076  

Default Re: Recycle Stereogram

Very nice HayTay,
    Took me awhile to see the globe but I finally figured out what I was seeing.
    What a cleaver idea, Save the planet. Yeah!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I agree totally...
    And it took me a while to get this even though it was plain to see...
    (i'm allot better at the converging optics than the diverging optics for some reason)
    But i enjoyed the practice (Which i needed) and the reveal was well worth the wait....
    Great globe effect...

Thank you both for the feedback! That's just the encouragement I need to start another one. I've got a couple of ideas that I'm mulling over. We'll just have to wait and see which one takes root first.

Cheers,
    HayTay

Nice stereogram Harry.

The recycle logo stands out very well, however I have difficulty distinquishing the globe Perhaps a bit more depth around the globe's perimeter.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

one question, could people who post these stereograms
    please post a small thingie about what you are supposed to see.
    Because how hard I try, I never see it. Thanks.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

As a fan of both stereograms and recycling, I think this one is excellent. Nice choice of colors, colours, Colorzzzzz.
    Callie aka Snow`Star ~~ I Xara Web Designer!
    http://studio518west.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    This one will be an excellent one for you to practice on because you can see the content (with-out any fancy eye tricks...its just repeated a few times and is not hidden)...
    So cast your gaze back to infinity and hope your can get your focus happening....good luck...
    Last edited by morphonius_821; 18 May 2009 at 04:40 PM.

Works for me. I can see it. Good depth too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Nice stereogram Harry.

The recycle logo stands out very well, however I have difficulty distinquishing the globe Perhaps a bit more depth around the globe's perimeter.
    Thanks, Bill. Your wish is my command. Check out the attached, updated Recycle Stereogram and see if my many modifications have helped or hindered the clarity of the globe for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    ankhor, you need to try 'less hard' and soften your focus a bit. Think back to when you were tired, medicated, inebriated, or all three , had trouble focusing, and started seeing double. Either that or return to primary school when you used to have fun staring at your finger, a Crayon or Mary Margaret long enough that you saw two of them.

To answer your question about 'the small thingie... you are supposed to see'. In this one, the main 'thingie' is a larger version of one of the small recycled globe graphics at the top of the image. You miss the full effect of the DOF and all of the other 'floaty thingies' (images and text) by not being able to 'see' the stereo effect. Stereograms are for underachievers. Try less hard. Try to relax. Ultimately, it's all just a focus, or lack of focus, adjustment for your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow`Star View Post
    As a fan of both stereograms and recycling, I think this one is excellent. Nice choice of colors, colours, Colorzzzzz.
    Thank you very much Callie. Be sure to let me know if you like the one in the first post, or the new one in this post, better.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Works for me. I can see it. Good depth too.
    First one for you Gary? Just kidding . As one of your protégés, I hope I didn't disappoint you.

OK, here's the updated version of the Recycle Stereogram taking Bill's suggestion into account. I moved the main floating image closer to the viewer and further away from the background. I got rid of the lines around the continents and the globe so they blend in less with the background. Additionally, I made the circumference of the Earth darker to increase the contrast between it and the background. Chopping off the start of the recycle arrows also seems to make the floating orb more pronounced. The small, floating recycle graphics and text were also manipulated to adjust for the increased DOF and to change the floating effect(s) slightly. So, after all of that, which version do you like better?

Havin' lotsa fun,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Recycle_SG_sm_03.png 
Views:	287 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	61108