Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info [SOLVED] Visual C++ Runtime error

All,

I (partly) solved the VC++ Runtime error. Partly because it's not by using the CD-Version of Xara Xtreme Pro 4. I tried a whole lot of things but always got the error when trying to start the programm.

However after uninstalling XtremePro and manually cleaning the remains in the Application and Common Directory I simple installed the downloadble XTremePro (e-version) and unlocked it with the serial in my user account ...

... and it works!!!!

So the only thing I'm missing at the moment are all the cliparts/fonts from the full-install ... but that's just a minor drawback.

Hope this helps.

CU,

Udo

Default Re: [SOLVED] Visual C++ Runtime error

An unlocked e-version may require the CD version be installed after 90 days.

No, I don't think that is the case, sledger. You see, I have been using an unlocked e-version for over a year because I cannot find or even remember ever receiving the CD in the post (Xara have kindly agreed to send me another one).

The main problem you will face, krodelin, is that you will not be able to install the Patch to 4.0.1. I didn't think that would be a problem, but I think the patch does solve some annoying little bugs and inconsistencies (if you read the patch notes I believe the addressed a wide range of problems). You can only install the patch from a CD installation. I certainly was unable to patch my e-version, with or without the unlock key.

Quote Originally Posted by kinetica View Post
    The main problem you will face, krodelin, is that you will not be able to install the Patch to 4.0.1. I didn't think that would be a problem, but I think the patch does solve some annoying little bugs and inconsistencies (if you read the patch notes I believe the addressed a wide range of problems). You can only install the patch from a CD installation. I certainly was unable to patch my e-version, with or without the unlock key.
    Well at the moment I don't have another choice than using the e-Version. I tried a lot of things for the last two weeks but I cannot install the CD-Version as it simply refuses to work. Once I start Xara I always get the error .... and I tried a lot of things. So my only choice at the moment is the e-Version.

However the fact that the e-Version works and the full version does not implies that this is not a problem of my system ... or is this conclusion wrong?

CU,

Udo

Hi Udo,

Please lodge a support ticket with Xara Support.

This is something that they will be able to help you with.