Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default webstyle 4 and vista 64 bit

I'm attempting to install webstyle 4 on my new laptop with vista 64 bit o.s. I am told that the .dll registry is not installed. I have tried installing from cd and downloading from xara. I also ran the diagnostic tool and was given "Diagnostic failed:HTTP Status invalid: 404" Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: webstyle 4 and vista 64 bit

I'm not sure that such an old program (2004 I think was the last update) is compatible with a 64bit OS like Vista.
    However, if I had the application I would be running the installer in XP Compatibility mode and then launching it once done in Administrator mode.
    Have you tried this?

I can't see any download link at Xara.com now, WebStyle has been retired since the release of Web Designer.

You could always submit a support ticket to Xara? They may have some advice regarding WS and Vista 64bit?

Quote Originally Posted by flutemaker View Post
    I'm attempting to install webstyle 4 on my new laptop with vista 64 bit o.s. I am told that the .dll registry is not installed. I have tried installing from cd and downloading from xara. I also ran the diagnostic tool and was given "Diagnostic failed:HTTP Status invalid: 404" Any help is greatly appreciated.
    had same problem

to install webstyle 4 on vista ultimate 64 bit i had the dill error which i sorted out window key +R and from run menu then copy and paste in. (as it installs Xara\Webstyle 4 to C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4)

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\bincoder.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templman.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xaradocg.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xmupload.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\bmpimporter.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\templop.dll"
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xfontman.dll"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Webstyle 4\dlls\xwsindex.exe" /RegServer
    Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\MSSoap\Binaries\WHSC30.dll"

then click enter
    this sorted out the dill error

i did how ever have a problem when i put my reg key in, when i was asked to installed the serial no, I copied and pasted it in with no problem when i loaded up webstyle to register and download updates message that popped up was Incorrect serial no present on system. This program will now terminate.
    Last edited by amdesign; 22 May 2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: a fewtypo mistakes

just right click on the webstyle icon on your desktop and then click on 'run as administrator'.

Easy as that.