Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Before I go mad...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
    I have see your movie.
    I think your forgot about exanging the mouseover image , maybe you have turned of the layers visiblity , tats way you dont see it.
    i am not sure if I understand what you mean, but if i have to exchange 200-300 images one by one, as i wrote earlier, then this program sucks & is absolutelly useless 4 me!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
    .. if i have to exchange 200-300 images one by one, as i wrote earlier
    How else should Xtreme do this? Mind reading?

Hey, bigfish, if you came here for help, it's better to change your attitude.

If you just want to complain, feel free to do so, but don't expect much help in this case.

Good luck doing whatever you want.
    John.

1) don't be that sensitive, my friends!

2) I did not mean to criticize anything or anyone I was just hoping to get help with a problem

3)
    how can a (any) program claim to be WYSIWYG if it isn't???

Do you really think folks, that someone has the time to replace & rename hundreds of pictures (or whatever) one by one manually? What I really don't get is, how can it be that Xara replaces the picture in the template but does not in the mouseover effect - that would just be absolutelly logical, wouldn't it?

I do not mind if you are not able to help, but the 1. ADMIT it & 2. keep your advices for yourselves.

Thanx for your time & effort.

1) don't be that sensitive, my friends!
    I'm not sensitive, it's just your posts - they suck for me.
    2) I did not mean to criticize anything or anyone I was just hoping to get help with a problem
    Saying that Xtreme sucks?
    3) how can a (any) program claim to be WYSIWYG if it isn't???
    Obviously you don't even know what WYSIWYG means? Do you?
    Perhaps this will help: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYSIWYG
    Do you really think folks, that someone has the time to replace & rename hundreds of pictures (or whatever) one by one manually?
    Yes, using drag and drop for example. You know a better solution?
    What I really don't get is, how can it be that Xara replaces the picture in the template but does not in the mouseover effect - that would just be absolutelly logical, wouldn't it?
    It replaces whatever you want it to replace. If you are replacing thumbnails (it's what you do), then it replaces thumbnails, if you replace popup it replaces popup.
    I do not mind if you are not able to help,
    It's easy to help you because your mistake is trivial, and is a result of not understanding how rollover effects are implemented. Obviously you had never tried to read a help. But the question is if someone is willing to help you, since you obviosly don't want to seriously use software that "sucks".

Ok, morale lesson over. Let's try to explain you how it works.

The gallery template that you use has popups on every thumbnail mage. The popup is a large image that you see when you move your mouse pointer over the thumbnail image. The thumbnail and popup are different images to allow you to use stylised, cropped, processed or any other way altered image for the thumbnail. On your video you had replaced the thumbnail image only. The popup images are located on the popup layers. You can replace them the same way you had replaced the thumbnail but you have to enable appropriate popup layers to do so.
    Also, if you had already replaced the image with your own, you can use it from the bitmap gallery.

Your second question regarding page links.
    You can add pages to your design by duplicating current page, creating new page (main menu Edit/Pages), or adding a page from the gallery (right click on the template and select appropriate option).
    To add a link to your button, select button, open web address dialog (Ctrl+Shift+W) and enter the URL. To link to other pages in the document, simply enter the number of the page (you can see the number of the current page at the bottom right of the Xtreme window in the status bar).
    Last edited by covoxer; 11 May 2009 at 10:06 AM.
    John.

Hey , if you want to change 400 or 300 images , use some photo album generator .
    Picasa from google is good for that.
    Also xara webdesigner is WYSIWYG for webpages , it does not inklude a photo album generator.
    Maybe in the futer.
    (Sorry for bat englis).

@covoxer

1) all of you guys (I had to do with so far) THINK(!) you are sooooooo clever & never make mistakes, right. But you obviously forget is to read what I wrote with attention

I wrote that Xara sucks ONLY, if it wants me to replace xAmmount of imegas whatsoever... I also wrote that my English sucks, so of course I do not understand everything correctly in the Help files, SORRY 4 that.

Further I wrote that I was asking for help in the German forum already, but not receiving an answer after a week I decided to ask here, end of story.

2) Now to the second part: your answer was VERY HELPFUL, indeed! Thank you for that!!!

Now I at least know what to look for (as you could see in the video I use the GERMAN version of Xara) and I probably deactivated some feature I should have not...?

The thumbnail and popup are different images to allow you to use stylised, cropped, processed or any other way altered image for the thumbnail. On your video you had replaced the thumbnail image only. The popup images are located on the popup layers. You can replace them the same way you had replaced the thumbnail but you have to enable appropriate popup layers to do so.
    Also, if you had already replaced the image with your own, you can use it from the bitmap gallery.
    - Does the above mean that I have to have 2 different formats/ sizes, whatever of the same Image prepared before starting page creation? And in different directories
    - Where can I see/ activate this 'popup layer'?

SORRY for asking so much but I really stuck with Xara. I mean I have a html-experiance of abbout 4-5 years (using mostly Dreamveawer) & have built a lot of sites (some of them actually quite good looking ), but I somehow don't get the Xara Logic or workflow.

Can you forgive me for that? :-) :-)

- Does the above mean that I have to have 2 different formats/ sizes, whatever of the same Image prepared before starting page creation? And in different directories
    No. Just drag and drop your original image to the thumbnail as you did it on the video. Then you can do the same for popup. Or you can open Bitmap Gallery and use your imported image for the popup object instead.
    You don't need two versions of image, you don't even need to have the original image with the correct size - Xtreme will automatically resample end export bitmap files with correct dimensions.
    - Where can I see/ activate this 'popup layer'?
    See attached screenshot.
    Can you forgive me for that? :-) :-)
    Sure, no problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layers.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	60817  
    John.