Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with transparency

Hi!

I'm using Xara 0.7. I'm very very newbie. I need some help with the transparency tool. I don't know wether I'll b able to xplain. When I activate the Transparency tool I'm only able to change the main color (black, blue, etc), but I want to change the "background", the white gradient, and I can find an option to do that.

Does someone understand me? Can sum1 help me?

Thank you.

Default Re: Help with transparency

It might help people to understand if you post the object you are trying to make transparent so they can see it. Normally the transparency works on all colours of the object.
    Tony

Whatever your background color is, is what is going to show more and more the more transparent your object is.
    So make or clone your shape and set it to no transparency, and flat fill. Make it whatever color you like and put to back.
    Now when you want to change the background color of your object just select that background shape and you will be easily able to change the object background color. To select this shape hold ALT and click on the shape until you get the one you want.
    OR easier:
    If you just want to change the whole background page color (your drawing page) and not create another shape you need to hold the control key and drag your color onto the white page color, this will in affect change what was the white "gradient" to what ever color you changed the page color to, so now when you export your object no more white, only the color you changed the page to. This is a very long explanation of a very simple process. Easy peesy.
    I'm a little gun shy of posting things like this for fear of making something more complicated than it needs to be. Anyway I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 10 May 2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary quote of an earlier post ~ Egg
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Ms.Hoyhen,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Xara 0.7 would be the Linux version (XaraLX 0.7).

There has not been any new development of that version for about two years. May I suggest you post your question on the Linux Graphics Users site: http://linuxgraphicsusers.com Gemini is trying to get some Linux developers together to possibly make some updates. He may also be able to help answer your questions about about XaraLX.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update