Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I see that I can rotate an object ( say a simple rectangle or circle ) around the center point in a clockwsie or counter clockwise direction.
    Is this the "X" axis, or the "Y" axis?

Can I also rotate the same object on the other axis, similar to what 3D will do?

I see that I can rotate an object ( say a simple rectangle or circle ) around the center point in a clockwsie or counter clockwise direction.
    Is this the "X" axis, or the "Y" axis?

Can I also rotate the same object on the other axis, similar to what 3D will do?

You can rotate over X/Y axis, and create an illusion of rotating over the Z axis using the evelope (mould tool)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	2384  

Paul
    Your rotating objects about the Z axis. There's no simply way of rotating about varios axis as there is in Xara3D, apart from Availors work around.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Mike,

good one.

Availor,

wrong. In Xara you can only rotate around the Z axis. Because Xara is a 2D and not a 3D app, the X and Y axis are non existant for modifications.
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--