Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dynamically moving a page.

Is it at all possible to create a page similar to this :http://www.madladdesigns.co.uk/medsoundstudio/ in which the page slides down revealing a news panel (click on "Click for News" button near the top right)?

Default Re: Dynamically moving a page.

Hear, hear!

That would be so cool and useful. My current project would benefit tremendously from such a tweak.

I hope Covoxer would like it as much as we do, then we could get it.

You guys - just keep squeezing that $29.95/$49.95 don't you

I'm not sure what exactly do you want. A sliding animation?
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You guys - just keep squeezing that $29.95/$49.95 don't you
    I've told my colleagues that I have this fantastic software for only $30 and on top of that I get almost personal scripting guru from Ukraine for free. They always laugh!

I will pay more for a pro version of WD/Xtreme if it has support for scripting, makes interaction chores easier and if covoxer stays on board to provide these scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    I'm not sure what exactly do you want. A sliding animation?
    I guess so...

Similar thing was mentioned by me in the tweaks thread here. That is a bit different than the one introduced by nickydude.

However, nickydude's example IMO could have more practical uses, at least I would really need that kind of thing especially if I could have many of those on a single page and if I could determine the direction of the movement (up, down, left, right). Also I would like to decide the state of the said feature; whether the thing is open or closed when the page is initially loaded.

The main idea is to have a rather lengthy content partially hidden, but available for the user to expand (and later contract again). Seeing the movement explains the mechanism to the user much better that just abruptly showing/hiding stuff (on/off).

I can imagine this kind of thing to be difficult to implement on current WD, but it would be nice if you could consider such interactions for future releases.

Thanks for being here and reading posts, covoxer. That keeps our hopes high that these fabulous apps of Xara will develop to be even better.

Rather like nickydude's request, I wonder if the feature that you can see on this MS-Windows 7 FAQ page is possible, where the answers are expandable/collapsible: Link.

I am working on putting together a FAQ page and I would like to incorporate this feature, because it's much easier for the visitor to scan the various questions if the answers are (temporarily) invisible. If it's possible in XWD, that is.

Thumbs up Re: Dynamically moving a page.

Yeh! Me too! Me too!
    It may even then be able to be used for dropdown menus??
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 06 May 2009 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Removed uneccessary quoting of preceding post - please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    ...because it's much easier for the visitor to scan the various questions if the answers are (temporarily) invisible.
    Well, you can make answers on popups if you want them to be temporarily visible. Don't you?
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by himagain View Post
    It may even then be able to be used for dropdown menus??
    Drop down menus are much easier to create in WD than this particular effect.
    John.