Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara Modules

Default Xara Modules

I'm using Homestead to build websites and I inserted the HTML code for snowfall, but I can't seem to get it to become the background for the page.
    How do you do it, or is the coding formatted so it cannot be changed and just stays on top? If that is the case, it is rather useless.

I appreciate your help.

Default Re: Xara Modules

I'm not sure why you are having this problem. How and where did you insert the script code?

If you were using a product like Xara Web Designer, you would simply insert the code in a "placeholder" object.

Gary

I'm using Homestead and they have a section to insert HTML. I've used it before with other items with no problem, I just change the element layer order. Somehow I brought up the HTML Code for my snowfall scene (I can't remember how I did it) and saw that part of the coding was for the scene to be on top, but I could not access it to make any changes.

Then it sounds like the script needs to occur either before the other elements or be inserted in a different area, such as between the head tags, but that is not likely because it is specific and not general to the page.

Maybe if there are other Homestead users out there.

For me, I have used Xara Module (Now called Xara On-line) effects in my tutorials for years to illustration the key steps. I have done this in NetObjects Fusion by inserting a text area and then applying the script to the HTML area in the text area. I have never had any problems. And I must have used all the effects dozens of times without any problems. But I have never used Homestead so I have no idea how that program works.

Thanks for your input. I will check with other Homestead users and see if they have experienced this. I replaced the XARA pic with one from http://www.mbif.net/instructions.html and it went right in as a background so I have to do some investigationg to see what is going on. Thanks again.

Hello Michelle,

Could you post a link to one of your pages that is using the faulty script. I have not tried to use as script asa background graphic, but will try and see if I can help you debug it if is possible. I won't promise anything, but I will take a look and try to help.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Also, are you expecting the page background image to have the automated snow effect?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Also, are you expecting the page background image to have the automated snow effect?
    That is what it sounds like. That would be a javascript that would have to be inserted into the <head> tags to work on the entire page.