Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I keep getting "An extremely serious error has occured and xara must shut down. We apologise for any inconvenience" errors when I do CTRL-F4 to close a file in Xara X and "serious runtime errors" followed by shutdown. Anybody else experiencing this? Have any idea what could be causing it.

My system: Windows 2K Pro, 400 PII, 192MB ram, 30GB HD w/plenty of space.

icue - www.thebombfactorygdt.com

I keep getting "An extremely serious error has occured and xara must shut down. We apologise for any inconvenience" errors when I do CTRL-F4 to close a file in Xara X and "serious runtime errors" followed by shutdown. Anybody else experiencing this? Have any idea what could be causing it.

My system: Windows 2K Pro, 400 PII, 192MB ram, 30GB HD w/plenty of space.

icue - www.thebombfactorygdt.com

Same here, similar to 2.0 problems.

Pentium III 600
    NT 4
    256M RAM
    3x20GB drives (40G free)

Also happens on other NT machines. All 600-800 NT 4 w.256 or 512 ram, lots of HD space.

Is this with Xara X v1.0a?

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

I assume the product isntalled is Xara X 1.0a, as that is the only one downloaded. It is the "released" version.

The problem occurs much more on NT 4 than W95. If you are using Xara (2.0 or X) for an extended period of time (like, all day) you will get the error at least once.

Each time the error occurs we always reboot.

The error also occurs more when either Cold Fusion Studio or MS Word 98/2000 is also open.

If you want to know other operational details I'd be glad to supply them in private.