Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Repel across Layers in XWD

Is it possible to confine 'repel text under' to each specific popup layer?

I have been having problems with inserting multiple text panels with a photo and text on them as popups in that the pictures interfere with text across the layers and including the base layer pushing text into diifferent directions and leaving holes where a picture on another pop-up layer is etc.

I have got round it by not using repel and just starting the text under the photo in each popup but it doesn't look so good!

Default Re: Repel across Layers in XWD

I just tried what you describe and saw the same effect. I even tried to group the text on a lower layer with a box and the layer above it with a pic that is to repel text still repels the text on the layer below, which of course leaves a big blank area on the mouseoff layer, even when the popup layer is not showing.

I ran into the same thing. What I did to make the text look as if it was being repelled was to create separate text areas of different sizes and link them together. I started entering text in the top one and it flowed into the following ones.

It worked OK because the irregularly shaped image was on the left and all the text to the right of it. Don't think it would work well with text on both sides of the image....

I agree with what you want the behavior to be...

Excellent RichH ! I'll try that, I'm new to it and hadn't thought of linking different text areas on the same Popup panel. Having spent ages doing dozens of Popups with no text flow-around due to not being able to use repel I've now got to edit them all again - arghh!

Bump for any answer to original query

Can you post a .web file with this unwanted behavior?

No! Read the replies to my query.

I solved it by cancelling repel below on each pop-up layer but one, and just had to resort to using no text flow-around, and also someone suggested a good work-around using linked text boxes but that negated the usefulness of importing the text panel with photo from the gallery anyway. Might as well construct your own!

But if you want to see what I mean just import a text panel with photo from the gallery into a new Popup layer and move it around a text area below.

Then import a few more text panels with photos into new Popup layers and eventually you will see that other layers are rendered quite corrupt (with rectangular holes where photos were in aother layers) except if by luck the photo position and text matches exactly.

If I have time tomorrow I will make a new .web to show what I mean but it is perfectly easy for you to do it yourself and see what I mean.
    Last edited by NoGoodReason; 26 April 2009 at 08:11 PM.

I don't think I'll bother then.

No, I wouldn't either with that attitude.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

..... but an excellent username
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host