Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Very troublesome "access denied" problem

Somehow XWD has decided to lock the index_html_files folder. And it seems to be empty (I think). I cannot export, cannot open the file folder, nor delete it, nor change folder properties. And now if I run preview, no images appear. This looks to be similar to a problem posted some time ago by a user called dogberth.

This has all happened today after I added a simple "Contact" page running a little JotForm script in a placeholder. I have tried removing everything from the page, although I've not yet tried deleting the page itself. Locked up tight as can be and no idea really what has gone wrong or why. I have uploaded the .web for what it's worth. The whole thing, except for the work I did today, was published some time ago without any problem. Help sure would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Phil Thompson

Default Re: Very troublesome "access denied" problem

Folder opened fine here. I exported under a different name as you can see, but whether that has anything to do with it ... Are you running Vista? If so it might be one of those "right-click and run as administrator" technicalities I've heard about.

*EDIT* Just tried exporting with usual index name and it worked OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	philt_test.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	60193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	philt_test02.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	60194  

Last edited by zaphodeist; 29 April 2009 at 08:32 AM. Reason: extra testing
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sometimes files locked by an unknown process is fixed simply by rebooting Windows.
    If you don't like do do this, there's an 'Unlocker' utility which can identify the locking handle and release it 99% of the time.

Very useful, Steve. You're the master vault keeper of free utilities and other interesting programs. Thanks!

Thanks all for the help, and especially Steve for the 'unlocker' which I shall try and also keep handy.I am running Vista Home Pro. After posting, it finally occurred to me (duh) to export to a new folder. Worked fine. What I don't know is why this happened. Chalk it up to a 'glitch' i guess, and go on with life.
    Phil Thompson

Steve, the unlocker worked well and enabled me to delete that pesky file which I guess was corrupted somehow. A very handy little tool. Thanks.
    Phil Thompson