Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Info Xara Xtreme, news?

OK, so that's about one year after Xara released Xtreme 4.

I'd like to hear something about the development, taking for sure that Xara's team is "up and running".

In these times of open betas and community driven development, could we ask Xara to tell us how is it going on?

Thanks in advance for any bit of information shared, and keep up the good work!

Default Re: Xara Xtreme, news?

I would hope Xara has not yet fallen for communism ;-)
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni View Post
    OK, so that's about one year after Xara released Xtreme 4.

I'd like to hear something about the development, taking for sure that Xara's team is "up and running".

In these times of open betas and community driven development, could we ask Xara to tell us how is it going on?

Thanks in advance for any bit of information shared, and keep up the good work!
    Seconded!

But at the end of the day I wouldn't hold your breathe, they seem to be working on pointless stuff that they thinks will make them money rather on their core project.

NO NEW VECTOR TOOLS FOR 5 YEARS.

/nuff said/

three hints from xara ltd picked up here and there on the forums :

1) the transparency tool will have stops added [like in XWD]

2) the way shapes automatically close when drawing will be altered to make it easier to freehand sketch/draw

3) the next release is expected 'late[r] on in the year'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'd expect that any additions to the 'core' functionality that are in WD will also be in Xtreme - as they most probably are exactly the same application, with the developers just toggling a "WebDesigner = 1;" flag before selling
    Alexander Ewering
    instinctive mediaworks

Thanks Handrawn for the brief summary! This is the kind of stuff I expected, let's see if we can get some more...

LOL Instinctive, I had something like that in my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by JokeArtist View Post
    .... they seem to be working on pointless stuff that they thinks will make them money ........
    I don't know about you, but I personally think that should be the main focus of any business .......
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'd like to add support for this thread too. I'd really like to know the the Xara Xtreme roadmap.

When I purchased Xtreme, it was as a complement (and perhaps eventual replacement) of my beloved, but aging, PSP7. However, as good as it Xtreme is, there are a few useability quirks that have prevented me from really embracing it as I expected. I constantly keep an eye out hoping it will go that last mile but it hasn't quite happened yet.

With the recent release of Web Designer there's no mystery where the dev's attention has been but I hope now that it has been released, Xtreme will get some love again and they'll give us a little info as to what they are focusing on for their next patch/release.

This isn't a complaint, just a request for more info :-)

Xara are in a commercial situation - they traditionally do not say much at all about what will be in forthcoming releases ahead of the date which is sensible from their point of view...

Occasionally though Charles [or another Xara Team Member] will give a hint in a post such as referenced above
    Last edited by handrawn; 17 April 2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Given that a lot of the development time since Xtreme 4 was spent on enhancing HTML export functionality (and packaging it into a separate WD release as well), there probably won't be as much else new in version 5 relative to version 4. People should bear this in mind before getting too excited. I'm guessing the usual pattern; one or two bigger features, then many smaller features. One of the big features is improved HTML export, so maybe another bigger feature will be there. Other smaller features we know about are listed above and are in WD e.g. multi-value transparencies, improved Flash tween-types, extra photo tool options such as a colour temperature control, page-drag-resizing etc.