Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Drawing a profile then rotating the head / view

New the the forum and Xara, I have searched for posts on how to rotate a face. Could not find one so I am starting this post. Please forgive me if this has been discussed.

I downloaded Xara today because of the 3d feature. My goal is to be able to rotate a face/head for very easy perspective changes. A simple ellipse with ears, supraorbital and chin was rotatable using the 3d feature; simple holes for eyes did not follow the 3d movement.

Can this be done in Xara?

The overarching purpose is to significantly reduce the time required to publish multi-panel and single panel cartoons and increase the percentage of "idea" to panel - (I use defined Illustrator Symbols to store/redraw vectors/objects/lettering/figures/characters so characters, etc.. don't have to be redrawn each time.) However, I would like to tweek the character slightly (i.e. rotate). For example, I pluck the head/hair/neck of Character "A" from my symbol library and using Xara, I turn the head 7 degrees left or more problematic, 30 degrees up. Possible?

Novice to Xara appreciates your help.

Default Re: Drawing a profile then rotating the head / view

Hi Novice, welcome to TG Forums.

The 3D extrude tool in Xtreme is not a tool for creating models in 3D space.

Please see the 3D extrude video at the Xara.com 'features' page for a good intro to this tool
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/xtre.../feature?id=82
    The new extrusion tool in Xara Xtreme uses the 3D rendering technology developed for Xara's popular Xara3D tool, to bring high quality 3D extrusion capabilities to Xara Xtreme. It provides a fast, easy way of creating simple 3D shapes from any 2D shape or outline, rendered with high quality shading and light reflections.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D extrude tool.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	59588