Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse-overlap

Default Re: Mouse-overlap

Pop-up layers is a simple and elegant solution, but, if employed site-wide, produces an unweildly layer list.
    Early versions of Photoshop suffered the same problem until Adobe introduced a layer tree where related layers could be nested/grouped into sub-folders.
    Perhaps Xara could consider adopting a similar layer tree in later versions of XWD?

A very attractive interactive map by the way.

Ray
    Last edited by gbpatriot; 12 April 2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo error

John, I expect that is it not possible because of browser technology or someone else would already have it in a program by now, but I might as well ask.

?? Is there anyway WXD could be modified so the mouseovers/'hotspots" would conform the actual object shape rather that to its rectangular-selection area ??

Something like, mask the clickable area using alpha channels.

You mean like if you wanted a circle as a button? I can be done, see attached. Is that something like what you're after.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No I don't think so - if I may answer (be)for(e) jclements - because here, too, the clickable area is a "Rectangle surrounding object" instead of the "Shape of object" (Flash export only).
    So can't it be done outside Flash? (Dreamweaver has a possibility to draw clickable areas in all kinds of shapes (clickable map function).)

I'm happy with my clickable country list but I would have preferred the Shape of object thing, so I could have made both the list and the map clickable, as was the original plan. Still loving XWD though!

(Thanks for liking my map, Ray!)

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    Is there anyway WXD could be modified so the mouseovers/'hotspots" would conform the actual object shape rather that to its rectangular-selection area
    Yes. This can be partly implemented with imagemaps.
    John.