Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Brush Issue

Default Brush Issue

This is the second thime I've encountered this problem and hope someone can figure it out.

I made a picture with different layers, then created a brush. The gree 3 leaf is what I used to create the brush with. When I go to use the brush, it's all gray.

If I start a new drawing, the color is fine and the brush works as intended. Any suggestions?

(I deleted all the layers of the original drawing and just attached the brushes as they look from within the drawing. Even with the layers gone they are still grayed out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Brush Issue

you need to name a color to get the brush in color. I used color cop to find the color then named it. I couldn't seem to select the fill color with the eyedropper, that's why I used color cop. Anyway to make a long story short, I got er done for you.
    Hope I was able to help.
    Last edited by wizard509; 10 April 2009 at 08:22 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

No problem here Nancy.

I just selected your tri-leave shape, created a brush and started drawing.
    No colour naming necessary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burpeebrushproblem.png 
Views:	188 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	59113  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you both for looking at this.

If I made a new image, the brush worked fine. It did not want to work properly inside of the file I attached. This happened to me another time as well. Perhaps I should always make my brushes in a new file.

I hate to say the 'B' word but that's kind of what it feels like to me since there's no reason for it.

Wizard, what is Color Cop?

Edit: love the Burpee
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Color Cop is "a free multi-purpose color picker". Useful for picking any colour on the screen when you don't have Xara Xtreme open on your PC, so it's basically redundant for Xarans,
    who probably have their favourite application up and ready at all times. There are others, I used to use Pixie until I discovered Xtreme.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    [Useful for picking any colour on the screen when you don't have Xara Xtreme open on your PC, so it's basically redundant for Xarans
    I often use a second color picker outside of Xtreme in addition to the one in the Color Editor. Comes in very handy when comparing colors or when I don't want to disturb the color selection in the Color Editor.

And since I prefer small and simple, and I only need RGB values, I still use Ladi's SL-Picker. Used to be available in the XaraXone.