Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Yeshua upon the Tree: a Terrible Beauty, an Immense Paradox

Last edited by Mike Bailey; 29 May 2009 at 01:47 AM.

I think this is outstanding, I too like the BW version better. although I would put a hint of red to the blood. ( but thats just my humble opinion)
    regards jonnycross
    A Stranger is a Friend you have yet to meet

Wow, thanks Larry… thanks! I am embarrassed about how long it too me to say that. Sorry. Time flies.

Your feedback is amazing, once again. Here is another idea about the piece. Maybe I should flip it. That way, the larger hand & nail are on the RIGHT side of the picture. Westerners read from left to right. If the picture is flipped, then the viewer’s eyes should start on the left side of the page, move across the picture, and finish on the nail. By then, they have taken in the piece and the nail may be an appropriate stopping place. I think I’ll try that.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...00pix1inch.jpg

I clicked on your link, Mike Bailey. So, I guess you can see what my hobby is. I make art. Share with people via the Internet. We talk about it. I get great feedback from people like Larry, jonnycross, and others which helps me improve.

Good idea, jonnycross. I think that what you suggest would be quite dramatic!

Thanks everyone.

PEACE
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 29 August 2009 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman View Post
    Here is another idea about the piece. Maybe I should flip it. That way, the larger hand & nail are on the RIGHT side of the picture. Westerners read from left to right. If the picture is flipped, then the viewer’s eyes should start on the left side of the page, move across the picture, and finish on the nail. By then, they have taken in the piece and the nail may be an appropriate stopping place. I think I’ll try that.
    An idea, but, I don't think it works that way. The viewer’s eye will be immediately drawn to the brightest, colorful, and most contrasted area first, so just flipping will not solve the problem. Even having some sort of pointer to the center of interest will not stop that from happening. Those areas scream for attention and they get it.

Thanks for the high praise horseman; coming from a master such as you is high praise indeed. I am humbled.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.