Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: "Aurora" effect in XX4?

Good call Sledger; I'll keep that in mind for future reference.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa
    Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinlandstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
    may be if you upload the xar file would be useful to spinny
    Appreciate the thought, but I'm far more interested in the process than in the final result. I see something cool and then I want to know how it was done. I was playing around with my bitmap image editor and came up with some stuff fairly close, then it occurred to me there's probably some coolness in XX4 that can do much the same effect, coupled with the realization I had less than a fraction of a clue how one might do it using vector stuff. So, here I am.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny View Post
    Appreciate the thought, but I'm far more interested in the process than in the final result. I see something cool and then I want to know how it was done. I was playing around with my bitmap image editor and came up with some stuff fairly close, then it occurred to me there's probably some coolness in XX4 that can do much the same effect, coupled with the realization I had less than a fraction of a clue how one might do it using vector stuff. So, here I am.
    That's the idea, I looking other's work I was able to see how they made it, but no problem, see you
    Javier

Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
    That's the idea, I looking other's work I was able to see how they made it, but no problem, see you
    Heh. I wish I were half clueful enough in Xtreme to be able to puzzle out a .xar file. I'm afraid I'm still way too much the n00b.

So, Big Frank...is it possible it was some kind of special application of gradients?

In some cases it's kind of pointless uploading the XAR file because it doesn't tell you the steps somebody went through to get the effect that is of interest. That is the case here. In addition to that I'm happy to upload some of my work for open access, not for others. This one I'm not.

However, I'm doing a little walk-through for those people interested in how the effect was created.

brb

PS. no, not a single gradient involved.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

please remove this post.
    Last edited by Big Frank; 03 April 2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: removed link
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

maybe it's done similar to this technique?

hahahahaha
    the greatest mistery revealed.
    Thank you nostaw.
    Javier

The thread has grown it's own legs and the effect Spinny is seeking is well illustrated by your own work Frank.
    The owner of the original image which Spinny asked to be removed after I'd pointed out the copyright concern would righty be just as concerned that you have uploaded a copy to your own photobucket account.
    Your link will not appear at TG.
    Thanks