Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

hi all,

Ok guys this is my first shot at the website my client wants me to do up. He wants it extremely neat and tidy with graphics but not a lot of fuss. Nothing is linked yet, so there is nowhere to go.

If you all could check out the basic layout and download speed, functionallity...etc..and give me you thoughts and opinions that would be teriffic.

Thanks
    Quinn
    IP

hi all,

Ok guys this is my first shot at the website my client wants me to do up. He wants it extremely neat and tidy with graphics but not a lot of fuss. Nothing is linked yet, so there is nowhere to go.

If you all could check out the basic layout and download speed, functionallity...etc..and give me you thoughts and opinions that would be teriffic.

Thanks
    Quinn
    IP

sure would check it out but you didnt give us the link
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com
    IP

hi Quinn,

looks good So far, from what I can see from your non-existant link.
    IP

Oops!!! ok ok the link probably a good idea. Sorry guys

http://members.shaw.ca/simplysoulcare/testsite/
    IP

Looks great Quinn. loads real fast in firefox. dont know about ie since i dont use. nice and clean looking. great looking graphics
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com
    IP

Hello Quinn,

Looks pretty durn good. Only three things are a little weird.

1. The rotating gear looks like it rewrites itself too fast. Looks weird...

2. Preload the mouseover buttons before drawing the page. The way you have it, the page is built then the mouseover buttons are loaded.

3. The mouseovers do not load quickly even when loaded. Not sure why tho without studying the page much closer.
    IP

thanks muchly guys!!!

John I will certainly look at those things you pointed out...but..."big yawn"..will have to wait till tommorow.

If anyone else has anything to add that would be great.

Thanks again
    Quinn
    IP

Hi Quinn,
    Page takes too long to load for dial up users like me and I would agre with John about the center movie.
    Next thing I would say is what happens on the next pages, how will your navigation work? Using the first page of your site just for navigation seems a waste of your time as you will need some form of navigation to get back and if you have further child pages it will be very easy for a user to get lost and give up.

Then comes the bit when you want you page ranked by the search engined they have no information to rank the site. Search engines need and use information and they do not rely on keywords or tags.

Your client asked for a simple and clean site why not give him that by introducing simple navigation and information that will encourage people further into the site.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Hi Albacore,

First let me give you a small insite. The customer is of the veriety that figures he knows it all. That with todays great technology a web site can be whipped up lickety split without any effort. So thats part of my problem, and its near imposible to convince him different.

I was wondering about you behind the times dial up people , how fast it would be for you to load. I have already warned my customer about that and he is absolutly convinced that there are not enough of you people to worry about. So, shrug...what can I do? Do you have any suggestions on how I could keep it looking the same and have it load faster? Is there any thing specific that takes a long time or is it just all of it?

The main page yes I agree with you that the page is kinda silly. Again its what he wanted me to add after I showed him the basic graphic layout. However once they click on the first link the navigation will be very easy.

The search engines...I am just getting into how they work on my research. If I am correct they actually read the html?...now, if that is right I am adding html text on the index page and there will be lots on the other pages. As well as being linked to several of the very large machining websites already easily found on google.

My latest meeting with him. About 2 hours ago, he decided he wants the top banner to have fading in and out pics of some of the machines they sell. So aarghhh!!!....he's a bit frustrating.

If you guys are up for it I linked the products button and the contact button.

Thanks vvvveeerrryy much... I know its a long read, sorry bout that

Quinn
    IP