Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have experienced a weird problem with selecting bitmaps in the Fill Gallery.

I created a fill folder using patterns I've created saved in the TIFF format. If I select one and choose Fill to a selected object every once in awhile the fill will be that of another pattern either next to it or on another line. It happens everytime I choose that particular pattern.

My patterns are usually only 100 x 100 or 200 x 200 pixels in size so we are not talking about large bitmaps.

I have experienced a weird problem with selecting bitmaps in the Fill Gallery.

I created a fill folder using patterns I've created saved in the TIFF format. If I select one and choose Fill to a selected object every once in awhile the fill will be that of another pattern either next to it or on another line. It happens everytime I choose that particular pattern.

My patterns are usually only 100 x 100 or 200 x 200 pixels in size so we are not talking about large bitmaps.

Hi Judi
    I have had problems occasionally which I tracked down to one particular file. Once I removed that one and updated the thumbnails I removed the problem and it did not come back.
    Another possibility might be if you have two files with the same name but different extension.
    If these don't work you could always rebuild your folder, updating each time to identify when the problem returns
    Tony
    Tony

Thanks for the tip.

After reading your post, I went back to study the problem more.

It appears to be a naming problem. I didn't have the same name w/ different extensions but I did have the same name followed by a number. I.E:
    Kaleidoscope10.tif
    Kaleidoscope11.tif

I also noticed after selecting a bitmap from the Fill gallery and looking at it in the Bitmap gallery the the name was shortened to 8 characters.

I went in and renamed all the fills to short names and varied the names. Everything is okay now. Since the folder they are in was created just for Xara it doesn't matter what I called them because of the thumbnails.