Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Read Error

Hi Gang,

I have file that will not open. I get a read error. Unfortunately, I backed up this file and overwrote a good version of the file. It seems to be okay, but I suspect a PNG problem, as I have adjusted bitmaps within the file.

Is there a way I can open the file and circumvent any PNG problems? I remember the old version would open and the default bitmap would fill any problem images. If I had to guess what exactly is causing the problem I would guess that it's a mould that contains a single png and maybe that mould got distorted and now it is trying to fill a bitmap with a repeating fill rather than using a single image.

Charles, is there a place I can upload this file to you so I can get it to open? This is a live client job. It's fairly simple, but I would rather not have to rebuild it.
    Sheff
    My Site

Hi Gang,

I have file that will not open. I get a read error. Unfortunately, I backed up this file and overwrote a good version of the file. It seems to be okay, but I suspect a PNG problem, as I have adjusted bitmaps within the file.

Is there a way I can open the file and circumvent any PNG problems? I remember the old version would open and the default bitmap would fill any problem images. If I had to guess what exactly is causing the problem I would guess that it's a mould that contains a single png and maybe that mould got distorted and now it is trying to fill a bitmap with a repeating fill rather than using a single image.

Charles, is there a place I can upload this file to you so I can get it to open? This is a live client job. It's fairly simple, but I would rather not have to rebuild it.
    Sheff
    My Site

Sheff,

Are you getting the error message as described in the link below?

http://talkgraphics.com/groupee/foru...88&m=204107117

No risto, mine says (unknown) only. Not buffer error.
    Sheff
    My Site