Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Brush Tool and corners

I love Xara for my graphic production, but whenever I want to use the BRUSH to simulate lights, etc. around the object, there's always those elusive corners that don't match up right or overlap making things messy.

Is there any way to fix this, or is it just "one of those things" that Xara doesn't address to do a 'best fit' for the custom brush stroke?

Default Re: Brush Tool and corners

Hello mrgameshow,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

That is one of the limitations to using brushes within Xtreme. To get a convencing corner takes some trial and error adjusting the spacing or use multiple 'lines'.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yes, but you must have the "give new objects the latest attribute" box checked in the page options> general tab.

1) create a brush shape in the given shape you want.
    2) create a brush with this shape then edit the brush to have the correct spacing you require.
    3) Select the rectangle tool ( or elipse ) and draw the shape you wish. The brush will replace the usual single line outline of the shape.

You may have to fiddle with the size of the shape to get the brush objects to place evenly around the perimeter.
    You can adjust the size of the perimeter shapes by changing the value of the line width.
    -AF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brush options.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	57669  

Welcome mrgameshow.
    If you don't mind having curved corners, create your rectangle with the Rectangle Tool and give the corners a Curvature of .05. This works well for most Brushes. A little fine tuning with line size and/or spacing might be required.

Mike

A brush applies multiple objects/images to a line. You can convert the line to a shape and ungroup to release the objects. Then you could edit the position manually.

Rich