Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 5.0.1 Update

Quote Originally Posted by jodilyn13 View Post
    according to the EULA, only allowed to install it 3 times.
    Can you show me where the supplied Web Designer EULA mentions that particular restriction?
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 09 April 2009 at 11:58 PM.
    IP

The EULA doesn't mention the restriction (as far as I can see). The information appears in the email that comes from Xara when you buy the product. It says

This serial number may stop working if you change your hardware.

If the computer on which the program runs has internet access, you
    can re-activate the program by following the procedure above.
    Re-activation may be carried out free of charge up to three times
    after purchase.
    This implies that XWD is tied to one physical computer (in much the same way that Windows XP/Vista is tied to the hardware through Windows activation). This does appear to conflict somewhat with the EULA which seems to allow installation on more than one PC if they are used exclusively by you.

If the 3 times activation limit is reached, are you expected to re-purchase XWD? How will that work if I took advantage of the Xtreme upgrade path? If we are allowed 3 'free of charge' reactivations, will there be a charge to allow you to perform additional activations?

To me, the conflict appears to come when the Xara way of licencing meets the Magix product activation.

I raised this point in a previous thread, but got no official response - so I'll ask again. Is there a danger, in the future, of being locked out of XWD if I install on two computers and then reinstall the OS or upgrade my hardware significantly?

Rich
    IP

This is also an issue for me, as I would like to install on both my office and home computers. However I regularly (maybe anually) clean my hard drive by doing a full format and reinstall.

I know my hard drive is almost full, so I will be upgrading to a bigger drive in the near future. I can see me hitting the three install limit without a problem, and would be grateful for some official information.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Good points.
    I've asked for an official answer, hopefully the matter can be made clear very soon.
    IP

Thanks Steve

be an issue for me too, if the policy were carried over to xtreme 5..

my hardware configuration is fluid at the best of times....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Once I purchase Xara Web Designer, will all of the helps still be there that are in the demo that I am experiementing with now? I will still need them to refer to. Also, does anyone have web pages they have already designed with this program that I can view? I would love to see what others have already designed to see what this program can do outside of the box.
    Thanks
    Val
    IP

Hi valsweb,
    Welcome to TG Forums

Have a look at the Show us your Sites thread here
    IP

That worked. Thank you. I have been using Cute Sitebuilder for several years. Looking at purchasing Xara. Been using a few other Xara products for little banners here and there. But used to WYSIWYG programing. I need to be sure that I will be able to get support and it looks like you folk are good.
    I have a couple questions, Like how to add left and right colums to the page etc, but it look like other than that, it is rather straight forward.
    Val
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by valsweb View Post
    I have a couple questions, Like how to add left and right colums to the page etc,
    If you mean text column, use the 'T'ext tool to first draw a text area rectangle on the page, then type away
    IP

[spam removed]
    Last edited by covoxer; 23 June 2011 at 07:55 PM.
    IP