Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Do you use an art pad?

Use the wacom intuos for computer drawing. Outdoors in the North West with the pencil and sketch pad then scan into Xara, Photoshop or Painter for the brushes. Once used a notebook computer but no, too clumsy and useless in the bright sunlight. There's nothing more creative than a pencil and paper! Speaking for myself,

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    The rocker switch on the pen can be difficult to grasp/use
    The method I use for the rocker switch (and I only use the lower end of it for right-click), is to "roll" the pen about its axis so that my thumb (which is normally just resting against its edge) presses it down. I don't actually click or press on the switch directly, which tends to knock the tip off position.

I find the Wacom Bamboo and I am new to it, my impression thus far, its fidgety and awkward. but as I stated ,I'm new to the digital pad thing.
    Thanks Jim

I love to Bully Pixels

I use TabletPC's (Toshiba's Portege M400 and M700) so an artpad is built in. It's a breeze to sketch and draw with these machine's and I wouldn't switch back to an separate pad, ever!
    Thare are numerous tablets coming these days but I'd recomend you to choose for Wacom outrigged hardware or maybe N-trig. Touch is a nice gimmick but nothing can beat a genuine pen with a pressure sensitive nib. It's 99% like genuine paper slketching. Only thing missing are the sound and haptics

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Hi Bev.
    This subject is very popular and has been asked many times.
    It's all comes down to a preference- but you have to try a graphics tablet/digitizer to know if it suits you
    The WACOM Bamboo has been a popular choice due to it being very affordable for the first time user and very cool..

Here's a Poll from 2007 which will help answer your question.
    I would like to see tutorials Here about the use of the Wacom tablet. It seems more and more people are using them.
    Thanks Jim

I love to Bully Pixels

It's even better now that there is a sketch mode button on the toolbar rather than a rock on the escape key. Look just to the right of the stroke shape/pressure profile where there is an icon to enable/disable sketch mode, which does the same thing: when you lift the pen, it creates a new line rather than continuing the previous one.