Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Valery's brush strokes

http://www.graphics.com/modules/Gall...35/wild_africa

In this image, the artist has drawn many hairs on the lion. I have tried doing this before and my lines always want to connect as I draw them. Very frustrating. How would one go about accomplishing what Valery did without fighting Xara wanting to connect them.

Default Re: Valery's brush strokes

Hold down the ESC key whilst using the Freehand tool.
    (Not ideal, but it does work)

I have not gotten into the habit of using the ESC key and I think it slows me down because of it. Always end up clicking on the background to unselect everything.

I will try that. May take me a few attempts to get used to it. Drawing lots of fine hairs is important to me and the ability has been lacking for me because of my aforementioned problem.

I find I need to put a stapler or something on the esc key, otherwise there is too much distraction to relax properly into drawing freehand

Charles is on record as saying there is a 'fix' to this in the next release.

Only a partial one, of introducing a 'pause' before joining rather than a full 'all selecting off' mode, but welcome nevertheless
    Last edited by handrawn; 14 March 2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: grammer
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Would be very welcome in my case. For logo makers it probably isn't a problem but for those of us who want to freehand, it creates problems.