Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Templates

Thanks for all your replies!
    Eric, can't you resume your topic here again? Sorry for side tracking, but it was all about your template which I downloaded but then had trouble with it. I would start as a new topic, but I can nowhere see where the link is. Maybe I do not have that priviledge as yet.

Spinny, I also can upload with 'My Network' built in XP but I am looking for one that has option of pasive mode and port options.

Kora, isn't File Zilla for Mac's only?

Hi Werkzeug,

I use FileZilla....I own an XP Pro machine. I have no idea if it also works on a Mac but it does work on Windows for sure.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Hi Werkzeug,

I use FileZilla....I own an XP Pro machine. I have no idea if it also works on a Mac but it does work on Windows for sure.
    Lovely. Thanks for that. I also have XP Pro. Does File Zilla give you a lot of options? I have been reluctant to use FTP because FrontPage 2003 that I have been using for years thinks it would brake the extentions, but for Xara it should be fine to use.

Hi Werkzeug,

ftp programs are just file transferring programs. Whatever frontpage puts out, you can transfer to the server you want. There's no real trick to most of it, you're just making your files available on the web for people to view a site....there's actually no real mystery. I think sometimes the people that program and create programs build in mysteries by not explaining in language that's fairly down to earth how things work. When this happens, sometimes it seem a bit of a mystery how things work but trust me, ftp is really easy to use and there is nothing very mysterious to it. Probably the hardest part about ftp is getting it set up right but even that nowadays has plenty of help within the program.

Hope this helps a little.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Thanks Karateed
    It helps more than just a little to talk to someone. I'll give it try. I tried CuteFTP 3.0 many years ago.

Please stay On Topic "Xara Web Designer Templates".

werkzeug, thread hijacking is not permitted at TG.
    I invite you to open a new discussion in the Site Design and Publishing forum regarding non-Xara FTP software and methods or a new topic in this forum to discuss the Xara publishing feature.

Thanks

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Here is another simplistic one.

Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Website Preview.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	69600  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Your tutorial is excellent!!! The above template could not be produced in XWD5 could it? Simple but very effective.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Thank you for the tutorial comment.

Yes. The template could definately be produced in XWD. While I used XXP5 to create the template, I didn't use any functionality that XWD doesn't have to make it.

Try to figure out how I did it by yourself. If you need any help, start a new thread and ask specific questions. That's how I learned to use the software.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Well, that is a good information you have here. This is a big help for me because I am gathering some little information about web design.