Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Templates

I haven't posted here recently and I'm too lazy to create a screen shot right now, but this one looks OK. (A bit feminine though)

Eric
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

I was playing around with something I learned on the Xtreme forum here http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=39888

And I made this site. I'm still not sure what I want to do with the background colors but it was more about the idea of incorporating in the wheel and making portions of it change color when you mouse over buttons. In any case I thought it was kind of cool.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

Nice ones Eric

Here are the buttons all adjusted to reflect text outline I wanted above.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by bcire68 View Post
    I haven't posted here recently and I'm too lazy to create a screen shot right now, but this one looks OK. (A bit feminine though)

Eric
    Alas Eric, your Dad is right, you are a complete idiot!

Great Menu Eric
    Wanna take the care to explain in simple easy steps how you achieved this will be something great, a philanthropic cause for humanity, errs, XWD users!

Believe me, when you'll be able to do this, then, the quote from your dad will be:

" Better not sitting idle and see others sorrows and remain an idiot, than, help others and remain a human being" !

Amen

Eric,

Great menu, I enjoyed working thro your logic with the layers!
    Thanks
    "You can't control the wind, but you can adjust your sails." Red Barn Web & Graphic Design Studio

@ LindyJo

I'm glad you liked it.

@ Askshaye

I choose to assume that you were trying to be humorous with your comment about me being a complete idiot. Even if it didn't come across that way to me.

In answer to your request about how I did it, you could just follow LindyJo's example and figure it out from the layers in the .xar file that I attached, but I will get you started in the right direction.

To create the graphic I followed HayTay's (Harry's) directions in this post. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=39888
    Then I placed a black version of the graphic on the Mouse Off layer and created a copy, moved it off the page and ungrouped it.
    I then marquee (click+drag) selected a portion of the ungrouped graphic and changed its color and grouped what I had selected, and moved it where I wanted it above the black graphic.
    I then cut (Ctrl+X) the colored version, created a new layer and named it appropriately (Orange Wheel for the orange part of the wheel, etc), selected the newly create layer and pasted in place (Shift+Ctrl+V), to place it on that layer.
    Then I select the mouse button that I want to highlight that portion of the wheel, go to the web properties (Shift+Ctrl+W), on the Mouse Over tab, I select the 'Show Popup Layer' and select the newly created layer (i.e. Orange Wheel) and I am done with that button.
    Now just repeat that process from selecting part of the ungrouped wheel on for each section that you want to do it for.

Of course I am assuming that you have already created buttons with mouse over effects and this is just the last step to get the graphic to work correctly.

That is it in a nutshell. Let me know if you still can't figure it out.

Eric

P.S. In case it is driving you nuts. I did leave the colored wheel portion for the Dark Blue button/wheel on the Mouse Over layer. You can do that for only one of the colored sections. If you try to do it with more (like I did at first) then when you mouse over any button, all of the colored sections show up.
    My Club. My Album.

Eric
    I believe Akshaye just proved your Dad's point

Here's one I've been playing with
    Highlight Template
    This can also be done with a B&W page that highlights in color!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	highlight.png 
Views:	199 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	63422  
    Last edited by aridzone; 11 July 2009 at 05:07 AM.

Hi,
    I was pointed to this thread by sledger so thought I'd post here a design I am working on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample3.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	65172
    sample3.xar
    Jim
    Last edited by Scotty; 25 August 2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: add jpg