Hi guys... been ions since i've been able to visit forums again. Nice to be back.

First i'd like to congratulate Xara on a spectacular new program. I think this one will be an instant hit across the board. It's just amazing what one can do with an app like this. And with little to no experience.

Well done folks, bravo.

After toying with the program and creating a few sites... i've come to notice that XWD uses only absolute positioning for its output; for EVERY INDIVIDUAL LINE of text. And although this is a great way to ensure the output looks exACTly as it does in the program... it's not always the desired or practical method for coding a page.

The only workaround i have found is to create a placeholder and drop your own css divs and text into that. That, will render the text in a normal 'square block', that can then be justified AND scaled (if the user so chooses).

When scaling the standard text output from XWD, the text will either fly off the right side of your layout (and disappear because of the css clipping being used), crumble into a clump somewhere within its containing div, or break apart the container its in and become repositioned.

These are not desirable effects, and if XWD is to maintain its conformity to Web standards (xml/css/html) then it needs to allow the user to choose how to code their text blocks. Preferably using CSS. It won't help 100%, but it'll be of great help to those not utilizing the "text wrapping to a shape" feature (which is the only time its really needed IMO).

Another issue with hard coding text lines (absolute positioning) is that if i want to go in a tweak the code or edit it further, it's VERY confusing to have to sift through all of those div tags on EVERY line of text in a text block. I broke one of my pages real bad trying to do that. I got it sorted though after awhile but only because i have a lot of experience writing html. Anyone of lesser experience would be lost completely.

So my query is... is this an issue that might get addressed down the road? Or is there a solution to it right now that we're unaware of?

Thank you again Xara gang for this excellent addition to your already potent arsenal.

Thanks for listening.
Mark...