Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Default Re: Show us your sites!

I'd appreciate some feedback on a site I just finished, my first real site using XWD.

www.pluckypillow.com

Thanks All!
    IP

subrosa,

Looks nice - and a lot of work to make all those pages of product! I like your paypal integration - would like to know any specifics that differ from the norm about how you did that (don't know about cart systems, but I do encourage paypal usage).

Only flaw that I saw is that ALL of the text on the contact page points to the email address. This happens to me sometimes when selecting part of text and making it a link - the whole text area winds up with that link attached and I need to remove and readd it with a slightly different text selection.
    IP

@subrosa,

Very good-looking site with very good-looking pillows!
    IP

Subrosa, nice looking site. I do have some comments/suggestions though: the 'Our Pillows' link has a different color from the other links. The home page has a different font from the other pages and the whole text block is a graphic that has a link to start up the email client (which I experience as rather intrusive).

The 'Pillow Info' and 'Contact Us' pages are the same; why not make two separate pages? Finally, I find that the font (and/or font color) doesn't/don't really go with the style and design of your site (which I find very attractive). Perhaps that the Comic Sans MS and/or another color would work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by DuffieldX View Post
    Hi Folks,

This is my first effort using XWD, hope you like it.

http://www.duffieldderbyshire.co.uk

Cheers,

DuffieldX
    Nice work (and I do like the multiple menu drop down - might use that myself). Colour scheme is a little garish, but that's just my opinion - I'd prefer it to be a little less dominant.

I might be a little annoyed if I lived in your village though - the very first thing that a visitor learns about your village is that burlary and break-ins are rampant - hardly an endorsement that village life is good.

It might be worthwhile putting the topical stuff in links with a column at the side so that it's easy to update, still catches the eye, but doesn't dominate the visitors impression of the village.

Paul
    IP

Subrosa,
    Nice work. I find the background image makes the text a little bit hard to read, however, and your drawings of the pillows seem a little flat. Maybe a little shading would make them read more as pillows.
    IP

Sorry - it's actually the home page that has all te text linked to your email...
    IP

Thanks all for the constructive comments...I'll make the adjustments as suggested. I'm not very good at some of the things with XWD such as making the pillows look more dimensional, etc. but that's what the forums, trial and error and of course the instructions are for.
    IP

Smile Re: Show us your sites!

Amended site using simple viewer on Portfolio page.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stuart.a.wilson/index.htm
    IP

Impressive site.
    I thought that sitemaps were supposed be informative?
    True love is the ultimate truth
    IP