Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Having a Master Page Option or function for deleting objects from multiple pages.

One feature that I've found useful in WYSIWYG Web Builder is the Master Page option. This option allows you to add or delete items to or from a series of pages simply by making the change in the master page.

Web Builder sort of has a master page option with its repeating objects option, but it is not as comprehensive as Web Builder. For example, in Web Designer, if I add an object to page and then have it repeated throughout all the pages then that's easy. I just click on "repeat on all pages."

However, it appears that I cannot later on delete that object from a page and then have that object deleted from all other pages. Am I right here? Or is there a way to make this happen?
    IP

Default Re: Having a Master Page Option or function for deleting objects from multiple pages.

I see nothing in the documentation about globally deleting repeating objects -- only about delete single instances.
    IP

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Default Re: Having a Master Page Option or function for deleting objects from multiple pages.

Now that it comes up I would like to see a way to repeat on 'selected pages'.

That way I can have a menu / submenu system on a group of pages that doesn't appear everywhere.

We have 4 brands we carry and each has its own color scheme, for example.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris
    IP

Funny because I was thinking the exact same thing eariler and even started to make a post about it, then I fugured that you could 'repeat on all pages' then delete the ones you don't want. After that you just update the repeat.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cursor View Post
    I see nothing in the documentation about globally deleting repeating objects -- only about delete single instances.
    You're right. I was trying to figure out a way to do it. Because it would save a lot of time.

Let's say on your sidebar of your 50 page website you had say a banner ad or image. Now you want it deleted. At the moment you have to do it manually. Whereas if you had a master page option - or even a widget type function ala wordpress - then one stroke and the image is gone.
    IP

Perhaps a 'Delete Repeating Objects' menu item?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nickydude View Post
    Perhaps a 'Delete Repeating Objects' menu item?
    Sounds good. Or a master page. Or widgets.
    IP