Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Web Designer versus Xtreme Pro

It's so likely, I'd bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    It's so likely, I'd bet on it.
    We wouldn't want to take your money off you..

Ha, we'll see. Ok, my prediction: Xtreme 5 will have all WD's functionality (which is essentially what's already in Xtreme 4 but improved since it was first released). Upgrade pricing will take into account whether you have WD or not.

This is a simple logical extrapolation based on Xara's history and what's already there. I bet 10 imaginary TG currency units I'm right.

I'll dig this thread out when it's released (I'd guess later this year) to collect my winnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    Ha, we'll see. Ok, my prediction: Xtreme 5 will have all WD's functionality (which is essentially what's already in Xtreme 4 but improved since it was first released). Upgrade pricing will take into account whether you have WD or not.

This is a simple logical extrapolation based on Xara's history and what's already there. I bet 10 imaginary TG currency units I'm right.

I'll dig this thread out when it's released (I'd guess later this year) to collect my winnings.
    Whether it comes true or not, whether you like it or not at this point it's just speculation. Unless Xara has been telling you, and you only what their secrets are, it's just speculation; no matter what Xara has done in the past.

True, but speculation does not equal agnosticism (50/50 chance of something being true). It's easy to determine the probability of something being true, which is what I did above based on the available public info and some common sense. Anyway, there's not much else to say.
    Last edited by Xhris; 11 March 2009 at 06:49 PM.

Web Designer is a great product for those that wish to use it.
    I just don't have a use for it and will not purchase it.

And if Xtreme 5 comes out and the only new feature is the web designer program added to it, I will not purchase that either.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Thumbs down Re: Web Designer versus Xtreme Pro

deleted.

If XXP5 has XWD' web functionality (and a bit more, hopefully), then all the graphics gurus will be able to churn out top quality templates for XWD and sell them on... makes sense! We're currently on release 5.0.0 for XWD aren't we, there's a long road ahead!
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Rumour has it that WD 40.00 will be a really slick release..

I'm with Xhris on this one. Many members have said they want to keep the 2 apps seperate, bloat ware etc. Personally I'd like to see XXP5 have all the XWD features plus new ones. I won't see the upgrade path as a rip off, Xara pricing is excellent. For those members who shout "We want new vector tools", I'm with you, but if you're saying XXP should ONLY be a vector drawing app, then that's rubbish. What tools would you like removed from your purist vector app? "Create bitmap copy" ? "Shadow Tool"? "Extrude Tool"? etc. etc.

In fact one of my biggest problems with XWD is the missing toolbar/menu items. They look so similar but there not. In XWD I miss the "create bitmap copy feature", I loath the strict left/right click fill/line change feature and the sooner Bill and Steve write an app to circumvent these failings the better. I'm in a minority from what I've read but I want XWD intergrated in XXP5.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host