Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Web Designer versus Xtreme Pro

Apologies if this question has already been asked, but does anybody know if the new techniques for web creation in Designer will be included in a later version of Xtreme? I only ask this as being a lowly self employed force of one I don't want to buy another software package only to find I could upgrade my present software with the same abilities.
    On the other hand if they are going to diverge I would like to take advantage of the special pricing offer!

Thanks in advance

Dahzee

Default Re: Web Designer versus Xtreme Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dahzee View Post
    ...does anybody know if the new techniques for web creation in Designer will be included in a later version of Xtreme?
    Hi Dahzee,

The answer to that question must be yes, somebody does know. Of course that somebody is collectively known as 'Xara'..

If I were a betting man though, I'd say we'll see some surprises when Xtreme 5 is released..

Also, now that Xara has released Web Designer, I would think that the focus for Xtreme 5 will be away from website creation.

I hope that any new and future web page design functions will be kept to the Web Designer program. Then they can focus the web design stuff into that program for the people that want it and the Xtreme development can focus more on drawing, painting, illustration tools, which I think that more Xtreme users would like to see. Just my two cents worth.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

I'm with you, Bruce.

We need some long awaited new vector drawing tools within Xara Xtreme. Other vector drawing packages were much more innovative within the last three years.

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by a4hire View Post
    I hope that any new and future web page design functions will be kept to the Web Designer program. Then they can focus the web design stuff into that program for the people that want it and the Xtreme development can focus more on drawing, painting, illustration tools, which I think that more Xtreme users would like to see. Just my two cents worth.
    Agreed!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Much as I like the new Web Designer package, I hope that they don't duplicate these abilities in Xtreme 5. To me it makes more sense for them to work together, but keep their various abilities separate.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    much as i like the new web designer package, i hope that they don't duplicate these abilities in xtreme 5. To me it makes more sense for them to work together, but keep their various abilities separate.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    +1
    +2 with bells on it! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dahzee View Post
    I don't want to buy another software package only to find I could upgrade my present software with the same abilities.
    This is the issue here and since Xtreme 4 Pro already contains a basic 'web creation' engine I imagine it [expect it!] to be refined and included in any forthcoming Pro version release.

Naturally, the outcome will remain a mystery until Xtreme Pro 5 is launched....

Minstrel
    Last edited by minstrel; 09 March 2009 at 08:27 PM.
    ...the best is yet to come!