Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XX Pro 5 VS Vista 64bit

I really hate Vista.

Purchased XX Pro 5 and then downloaded the trial. First thing I did was just double click the installation. After installing, registered, added a directory to my old XX Pro 4 plugins.

First thing I noted is every time I start the program, it asks if I want to register it for being the default program for .web files. I choose yes each time I start the program but it isn't saving the results.

Then if I try to use any of my purchased alien skin or other filters that reside in my old XX4 Pro directory (which work fine there), I get an error:

Access violation exception at 0x09303F60

I uninstalled, then installed running it as Adminstrator for the installation this time. I'm also running XX5 Pro as administrator and even tried XP compatibility mode. Same thing as before, access violation, asks me if I want to register .web each time I start. Removed the link to the plugins on the old XX4 directory and tried installing in the XX5 PSplugins directory, still no go.

Xara's filters seem to work fine, just the 3rd party ones are giving me fits.

Any suggestions?
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Default Re: XX Pro 5 VS Vista 64bit

Chris did you also uncheck the box about checking the file association every time the program starts?

I leave .web associated with Web Designer so my selections were No to the question and unticked the checkbox for checking the file association. That seems to have worked on my 32bit Vista.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: XX Pro 5 VS Vista 64bit

I'm not so concerned about the file association as with the plugins working. The plugins work with XX4 Pro but for some reason not with XX5 Pro. I just like to give as much info as possible on the problems
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com