Long time, no post. After my electronic equipment had been stolen last year - including the external backup drives, a camera, etc - I decided to switch to a Mac after I had conducted some research.

So there is Parallels and VMWare Fusion2, which enable the Mac users to install Windoze with all needed software to run them seamlessly on the Mac.

However, as much as I like Xara I don't like having to install a lousy OS on a nice OS.

So the search went on, because Illustrator is of no use for me. I stumbled across 'Crossover for Mac'. This nice software doesn't require that Windoze is installed - it just lets you install many Windoze apps directly on your Mac.

Sounded excellent. I installed CrossOver for Mac, installed several programs (among others a software RIP for my large format printer) and conducted some test runs. Everything worked fine.

Then I wanted to install Xara Xtreme 3.x. However, the installer quit with following message: Xara Xtreme requires at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 to continue the installation.

Hello? What the heck does Xara have to do with MS IE, and why does it need it?

Is there a slight chance to offer a modified installer so Mac users will be able to install Xara Xtreme based on CrossOver for Mac?

I mean it's hilarious to install the buggiest software on earth just to install and run a graphics app, isn't it?

After the development of a Xara version for the Mac is dead as it appears, wouldn't it make sense to offer at least a clean installation script for Mac users?

I have tried many vector apps for the Mac, but none even comes close to Xara.

Now that even McNeel software develops a Mac version of the famous Rhino it would be fantastic if we would see a Xara Mac version at the horizon...

Just a thought, and believe me, I would appreciate anything that would help to install Xara on CrossOver - I have too many *.xar files which I can't convert...