Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Need some inputs on designing please: Concept & Logo

I have a concept and am trying to come up with a design. The name I am thinking of right now is BlackCipher (sort of like a black hole that attracts things of various kinds). It is a fictional architecture that aims in becoming a leader of leaders and a system of systems. So far, I have dropped in a few items (which are not really a big deal) but am stuck here... Anyone have sometime to give me some possible inputs or ideas? Even an entirely different view is good for me... Something that has complete black would be absolutely perfect...

I am basically a programmer so am a little short of "good" designs... Hope someone can guide me...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bc.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	57124  
    Last edited by purifier; 05 March 2009 at 06:27 AM.

Default Re: Need some inputs on designing please: Concept & Logo

Your initial idea looks pretty good. You could try to make Cypher even bolder to increase the contrast between the two words. If you want a web 2.0 look you could flip the text and make a typical web 2.0 reflection (but perhaps it's a good idea not to - I guess the reflection trend will soon be over). Try placing the sphere after the text instead of below as you have it now, I think it could look more balanced that way. Also, skip the "reflection spots/highlights/flares", they aren't needed in a logo.

Try to first make a black&white (or single color) version, and when it looks good you can make a more advanced version with gradients. The black&white version is crucial if you intend to print the logo on pens and shirts etc. while you can use multicolor and gradients on the web.
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Thanks so much... Just what I needed - advice! I have attached some revisions (any take from here?). What you said is right... I have another project for which I am Web 2.0 crazy but this one, I do want some Web 2.0 but some corporate feel too...

Views:	361 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	57127  

Design #2 looks really good, simple yet effective. I'd swap the sphere for the one used in design #4.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Looks good! I don't see any difference between #2 and #3, but they are the ones I like best. I also like the idea of putting the logo on a white banner on black background (I can see a black envelope or business card where the white banner goes completely across). #4 is too restless, skip that one!

A couple of things you could still try: make the sphere a little bigger, about the same size as the 'C' (or slightly bigger).
    For black backgrounds and if you use white text, use the black sphere but add a white outline to make it visible against the background.
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

#3 looks best for me. #4 is really hard to look at with the alternating B&W.

Paul

I dropped those that didn't make it till here Thanks everyone... This is getting to be so much fun... (I know I'm taking up your time but I'm really having fun learning perspective thinking)...

Attached are the newer versions... What else I am planning to create:

A color version of the same logo
    Some sort of an artistic way of drawing something on the logo. For instance, talkgraphics has an art (the ?!: symbols and the stroke under the word talk make it really effective) and an alternate way of saying the name as tg in a really good manner... I want to add something like that. Will it make any sense?

Views:	357 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	57131  

How about incorporating the ball inside the "C"?

Paul

I was thinking on similar terms... but that was getting too hard to see... at least in my design... I was actually looking for some other symbol other than a normal sphere.. something that can brand the BLACKCIPHER word... And something that can be placed to the left or the right and goes smoothly into the word and design....

In fact, I came across two concepts that I fell in love with (in a different thread) and in the mean time, I used one of the tutorials to create the one I attached. Any comments please?

Views:	348 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	57134  
    Last edited by purifier; 05 March 2009 at 09:15 AM.