Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: work help

Default work help

hello my name is adrian, i have 5 years experience in the sign industry and am self taught in adobe photoshop and illustrator versions 8 to cs4. i really enjoy design work and like creating logos, artworks and layouts. Im alittle worried that the company im with is goin to go under soon and i just wondered if any1 could give me some advice on what to do to get into a job that i would be able to implement my skills. Ive seen that most design work requires degrees or some kind of qualifications, if so what courses would i need to get into? Also what sort of jobs/job titles should i be looking for? Any help would be g8, thank you

Default Re: work help

Hello a c 18,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

You can look into the art schools near you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...he_Netherlands

They can provide you with various corriculums they offer and that would be needed in your geographic area.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

No forget the degree it is your folio that is important even if you go for a degree if your folio is up to it they might reduce the number of years you do.

Put together your best work and define your categories of work areas. What I mine by that if you only work using Illy & PS and you did logos, newsletters, magazines etc. put your work under these headings then print them out and put them on-line as well. When you go for a job then you can show your work off and leave them with your site address so that they can look back at your work and decide if your the one for them.
    Design is thinking made visual.

hi adrian
    i also agree with albacore there is no need for the degree as you have lot of experience so i would suggest you to build online portfolio of your designs or build your own website to showcase your designs promote it and build your own independent business .

thank you for your advice, i want to build my portfolio up so im going to offer my services for free for awhile because i just enjoy doing it, then when ive built it up enough then i can start to make a living from it.