Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Free Stock Photo Sites - Add your favorite

While trying to recreate a Photoshop tutorial I wanted a free, and royalty free, stock photo that I could use and then be able post the final result. The ones that came with the book I was using had large watermarks and very restrictive licenses.

A quick search led me to this site: stock.xchng vi "the leading FREE stock photo site!" According to their stats they have over 390,000 photos on-line. I took a quick browse through some of the stock photos and thought it looked promising. (License and Terms of Use Statement)

Another search on their site quickly netted me a photo, with few strings attached, that I could use for the tutorial and later post the results here.

Does anyone else know of other FREE Stock Photo sites with such lenient licensing. If so, add the link to your favorite.

NO SPAM PLEASE!,
    HayTay

Default Re: Free Stock Photo Sites - Add your favorite

Hi Harry,

There's another (old: 2005) TG thread similar to this one listing many useful image sites including the Stock.XCHNG site you've mentioned.

Brands Of The World is one of my favorites.

Default Re: Free Stock Photo Sites - Add your favorite

Thanks Steve, I'm off to check out the old thread.

What could we do without Brands of the World? I've spent some time on there myself.

Here's another one from my bookmarked sites: free-pictures-photos.com