Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem adding new Fills to Xara 3.2

Hi,

I've been trying to add new fills to my xara 3.2, but I keep getting "Can't find any suitable files to add to the specified folder."

I can't seem to add any new folders of fills, even from those downloaded from XaraZone.

I've followed these instructions exactly :

"To add any of the fill collections to Xara, first download the files from this site. Create a new folder and extract the Zipped files to this new folder. Open the Fill Gallery and press the Disc Fills... button. Browse to the new folder containing the fills. Select the file name and press Add. Xara will display a message informing you that no index exists for these fills and would you like one to be created. Press Create and Xara will create a new folder with small thumbnail images. That’s all there is to it."

No matter what I do, I get that error. Any ideas as to what's happening here? I've been using Xara quite a lot for a few years now, and never had this problem before.

Thanks for any insight.

Craig

Default Re: Problem adding new Fills to Xara 3.2

Nevermind. I figured it out myself. Thanks anyway.

Craig

Hi imgrafx, perhaps you'd like to share your solution. If you've had a problem you can guarantee someone else will in the future so when they do a TG search they'll find the answer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi, sorry. I've been away for a while.

Actually, I found out that I had been doing it wrong.

I was going to the folder with the new fills and selecting the folder itself and then pressing "add". I forgot that I had to open the folder, then press "add". When the folder itself was selected, Xara, of course, couldn't find any suitable files it recognized that it could create a XaraInfo file for.

So, for any newbies, navigate to the fills folder you want to add, then open that folder. Then press "add", and Xara will create the necessary XaraInfo file for the folder. Now your fills are added to the fills gallery.

Craig

Thanks Craig.

It is always good to get a fresh look at some of the older features. It has been years since I've added a new fills folder. My old brain could not remember the details.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Glad I could help.

It had been so long since I added any, I forgot how, which is why I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, lol.

Craig.

Thank you for the further explanation. I was making the same mistake and this thread solved my problem!