Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Installing Xara Xtreme Pro with Windows 7 Beta

Can it be done? I just tried and the installer says I need a valid OS to install onto. I tried searching but got way too many results to go looking through. I like Win7 and so far Xara is the only application giving me any grief with it, so any help/info would be appreciated.

Default Re: Installing Xara Xtreme Pro with Windows 7 Beta

Hi BONES,

Xara Xtreme works 100% with Windows 7 (install in Vista compatibility mode), as does the soon to be released Xara Web Designer.

Recent discussion regarding Windows 7 can be found here (Windows 7 - User experiences?):
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=35931

and here (windows 7 and Xara):
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=35909
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 01 March 2009 at 05:27 AM.

Cool, thanks for the links. I've heard people talk about "compatibility mode" with Vista and had no idea what they were talking about. Seems to work fine, though, it's going like a train. All I have to do is find my damned install CD before the trial period runs out [yipes!].

What Beta version are you running? I have 7048, in 7000 Xara ran fine, but in 7048, I starts up, but I get a message that it has stopped running, and it has to shut down. I tried the comparability mode, and tried to run it as Vista, but it still does the same thing. I need to see if there is a newer version of Windows 7, newer than 7048.

michael

I am running 7100 - the release candidate - it works great.

(after a lot of hassle trying to install WinXP on a new laptop, I gave up and went with Windows 7 and I'm impressed).