Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Info Bitmap fills/tiles

I only use Xara, and Painter for graphics so I am not familiar how other programs work. Do other programs tile or fill an object with a small bitmap repeating it to totally fill it?

The reason I am asking, is: I have explored some of the scrapbooking sites and lots of times they have fills to use as page backgrounds for download and when you do they are huge i.e. 3600 x3600 pix and over 2mb which bigger then the actual scrapbook page.

I create lots of seamless fills, and the maximum size I make is 300 x 300 pix and under 300k. If I offered some of my much smaller fills on a webpage for download would people using most other programs be able to use them as intended? Or is the problem the creators of those scrapbook sites just don't know what their programs can do?

I hope I made myself clear.

Judi

Default Re: Bitmap fills/tiles

websites need gfx that are small so a page loads fast.

I dont know why you would seriously consider using a 2mb background tile for a website background lol..
    Illustrator doesn't control me....I control the beast within

Hi Judi,

The other scrapbooking sites you visited may not know how to tile a background image. Or the program they are using does not have that ability.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Oh my gosh ... 3600 x 3600 pix (2mb) is GIGANTIC!! Although I don't do scrapbooking, I've seen some seamless tiles for scrapbooking available for download that are 100 x 100 pix or less. Anyone using a "regular" graphics program for doing their scrapbooking would have the ability to fill with a small seamless tile, however, I suspect most use special digital scrapbooking software as reviewed here.

The many scrapbooking forums would probably be your best bet for answers from those using the designs and tiles.

Sounds like you have a fun project!

Cheers -
    Last edited by Snow`Star; 21 February 2009 at 01:27 PM.
    Callie aka Snow`Star ~~ I Xara Web Designer!
    http://studio518west.blogspot.com

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Ha! I didn't know there was scrapping software...go figure!

I'm not really a big scrapbooker, and definitely not into pre-designed templates, so for me Xara has everything I need.

Judi