Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Another 'line' question...

Other than the 'Default stroke' or the 'Constant' selections, I cannot seem to be able to add any arrowheads/tails. Is it just me or is that the way it is supposed to work? I had tried to add an arrowhead/tail to the 'dotted line' zar offered earlier today.

Thanks,
    Bob

Default Re: Another 'line' question...

Bob it appears that is the way it works. I can apply an arrowhead to a default line but as soon as the dottedline style is applied the arrowhead disappears.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the confirmation. At my age, I am never too sure whether it is me or the software....quite frequently it is me!

Bob

Bob are you referring to the dotted line 'brush' rather than those dash styles in the Line Gallery?

You can apply arrow heads to any of the line styles in the line gallery, changing from one to another retain the arrows.
    Applying an arrow head to a dotted 'brush' line isn't the same thing as the line is actually only used as a 'path' to carry the repeating brush object, therefore the line (path) is in this regard, invisible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrowtodottedline.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	56406  

Yes, that was what I was trying to do - use the 'dotted brush' and then add an arrowhead. Thanks for your explaination AND it does work just as you stated concerning the lines drawn using the Line Gallery.

Bob