Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default shade curve live effect in xtreme

Messing around with the ideas in Sledger's Xtreme Faux Bokeh thread, and I discovered the shade curve live effect by accident.
    I haven't seen it mentioned on the forum before, it makes some interesting effects. ps our lounge doesn't look quite like this.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shade curve.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	256.7 KB 
ID:	56143  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: shade curve live effect in xtreme

I've mentioned it before. It is an extension to a levels tool, allowing global shade distribution changes to photos (and vector objects in the case of LEs) about profiles other than gamma distributions. Xara's future updates to their levels tool should develop it into a curves tool eventually as it's the natural successor. The acquiring of Magix's software has brought lots of interesting LEs. It's a pity there's an automatic anti-LE/anti-Magix reflex at times; people are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    It's a pity there's an automatic anti-LE/anti-Magix reflex at times; people are missing out.
    That's rather harsh. I don't it's fair to make such generalisation Xhris.
    Fact is the Magix LE's are crap in comparison to the Xara's own or those you can add as plugins.
    They are *not* non-modal, are prone to a few anomalies and irritating crashes.
    Having said that, personally I and others use do them often, as needed and where useful (as shown in my Xara Faux Bokeh thread) - they aren't ignored or missed out on, just not favored.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 08 February 2009 at 04:22 AM.

Hi Bob,

If you don't mind me saying so, that's an awesome effort. I like it.

Rabbie

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Fact is the Magix LE's are crap in comparison to the Xara's own or those you can add as plugins.
    some such as color with gradient are pretty dire to work with

but some of them such as liquid color are very good

painting is also great, though the impementation is a bit simplistic it works well

so... who is making harsh generalizations, rather than fact here?

on balance they are a great addition to the tool set, and they are free with xtreme

the shade curve is a good little tweaker Bob
    I hope what Xhris says is right, a 'curve tool' in xtreme would be very welcome..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...