Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default More than 180 FREE vectors!

I spent most of today converting Photoshop's custom shapes to vector format. This was done by exporting each one as paths to Illustrator (.ai) and importing them into CorelDraw X3. Then exporting from CorelDraw X3 with the same filename which overwrites the original in Illustrator 6 format.
    Xara Xtreme can handle these well. Each vector has been ungrouped and some have had their shapes subtracted to produce the finished article.
    There are some gaps in the number of custom shapes, as I haven't made what are essentially duplicates, ie, left hand only, as a simple flip will give the desired result.
    Attached is the .xar file with all of the vectors on 3 pages. Also attached are the zipped .ai files, which will need a bit of tweaking in Illustrator or whichever vector program you have.
    Enjoy.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vectors.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	56046  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 05 February 2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Downloads removed
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: More than 180 FREE vectors!

Thank you Bob - hard work appreciated
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

much as I appreciate your hard work Bob - are you absolutely sure that the photoshop EULA allows you to do this? [ ie: re-distribute the shapes for use in other program[s] by users who may not have photoshop...]
    just asking...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I did give this some consideration, Steve. But I decided that these were in effect not the same thing as the Photoshop shapes, because of the vector format. Of course, I could be wrong, I often am. I will leave the files for now, but if a passing moderator wants to have them removed, I won't take any offence.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

A genuine question, with no edge to it intended whatsoever, Steve; This framed cat uses 2 Photoshop Custom Shapes.
    Do you suppose I would be transgressing the EULA by posting an .ai file of these 2 graphics either embellished or not as shown here?
    Many of the vectors in my original post have been embellished too.
    Saludos,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	framed cat.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	56052  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 04 February 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: add graphic

Software companies often prohibit passing on their bundled artwork in collections, whether it's free or not. I don't really see what difference it makes being vector or not.

There's a big difference between using bundled materials in your own projects and making those materials available to others.

No, I haven't read the Photoshop eula..

I agree. I think it's fine to use or convert to another format for your own personal use, but sharing them isn't fair use.

Sorry Bob but as well intentioned as you most obviously are, I think your generous nature has skipped the reality check on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    A genuine question, with no edge to it intended whatsoever, Steve.....
    Here's a radical solution Bob - why, don't you contact Adobe and ask them? - like you would with someone else's photographic, or other art work - this may be simple stuff, but it is still artwork...

If they form part of a new work that is surely fine - because it is what they are there for.

If you simply lift them out wholesale, dressed in new clothes or not, with the intention of enabling others to use it as clip art 'from scratch' in another program, then I think I know what sort of answer you might get.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

To Steve and Steve, you are both right in what you say, of course. Well, at least I have a neat little vector set I can use, unlike the rest of you who may have downloaded when available! ...now, you have all put them in the recycle bin, haven't you.
    Saludos,
    Bob.