Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

Hello,

In the past whenever I had an .eps file that I couldn't import into Xtreme 4.0 I would open it in Acrobat 8 Pro and save it as a PDF and then import the PDF into Xtreme.

I have recently upgraded to Acrobat 9 Pro and I am having problem importing PDFs that are created in Acrobat 9 into Xtreme.

Do others with Acrobat 9 Pro installed have this problem?

I assume that maybe the problem is related to Acrobat 9 being released after Xtreme 4.0. If that is the case I wonder if the issue will be resolved in Xtreme 5.0.

Default Re: Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro

As you rightly point out, Xtreme 4 is not forwards-compatible with new version files types produced by post-Xtreme 4 versions of Acrobat.
    For now any PDF you need to open in Xtreme I'd simply save as version 8 rather than 9.

Nothing is known about the development of a version 5 of Xara Xtreme at this stage, though their silence might indicate that a new version is in development, nothing has been posted by them to confirm this
    But I agree that updated file compatibility would likely be included.

It's par for the course with software. I got fed up with people sending me docx files that wouldn't open with my Office 97, so I had to install OpenOffice.. ;-)

Paul

I don't see an option in Acrobat 9 Pro to save as Version 8.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I got fed up with people sending me docx files that wouldn't open with my Office 97, so I had to install OpenOffice.. ;-)
    I'd recommend replacing OpenOffice with the MS Office compatibility pack: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...444731033.aspx

Hi BQ
    If the file is not too big upload to the forum or PM me with an eamil address and I will convert it. Your lucky I can't afford it and my work is still using Acro Pro 6 and they are not likely to fund Pro 9 to get the interactive benefits.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore,
    Thank you for the kind offer. I have a friend that has Acrobat 8 so he can convert it for me. I was hoping I would be able to use my Acrobat 9 for the conversion. Guess I'll have to wait for Xtreme 5 (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    I'd recommend replacing OpenOffice with the MS Office compatibility pack: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...444731033.aspx
    surely that wouldn't work with office 97.....?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Who needs MS Office?
    Ah, sorry I'm off-topic.