Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: CS 3 and bridge

Default CS 3 and bridge

I have CS 3 loaded on my HP DV 5000 laptop running Windows XP. Photoshop itself runs fine, but when I try to use bridge, I get an error that says adobe bridge has encountered a problem and needs to close. Then it asks if I would like to send the report to Microsoft. Has anybody else have this problem and how can I fix it. Thank you.
    IP

Default Re: CS 3 and bridge

Hi.
    Old Photoshop temp(or pref) files can be a problem these files should get deleted automatically every time you close Photoshop but at times they can get left and can really mess things up. Find the file and delete it most likely to be on your C drive. If your laptop is low on memory this may be part of the problem .
    IP

here is a simple one....

Don't use bridge

It takes up memory and basically it is Adobe's version of the already existing windows explorer.
    Illustrator doesn't control me....I control the beast within
    IP

There are many reasons to use bridge. Here is just one, it is the power to select in some cases up to 400 files or more from a wedding, then use a script to automatically re-size and add numbers etc, to use for a DVD slide show. All of this takes place while I have a coffee.
    IP